Durant giving KO Props | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Durant giving KO Props

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
KEVIN FREAKING OLLLIE IS OUR HEADCOACH, PEOPLE HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. HE LOVES THIS SCHOOL, STATE, AND THE FANS. HE PLAYED HERE, HE SAT BEHIND JC WAITING FOR HIS CHANCE, WHY WOULD HE THROW THAT ALL AWAY!? I'm sure the school will reward him for making the final 4, and any other future accomplishments. But why can't we just be excited such a great guy and coach wants to be here. We can speculate when a rumor comes from a credible source. Anyone who can't see he bleeds blue needs to get their eyes checked.

Reaction Score
I remember JC saying that he always hoped that the old Big East would at least survive until Dave Gavitt passed away. It would have been so sad for Gavitt to see the crowning achievement of his life be dismantled.

Along those lines, I tend to think that KO would never leave UConn while JC is still around. It would be a kick in the gut to his friend and mentor. JC got him the job, to leave so soon would be terribly insulting IMO. KO made a commitment and I think he knows it is a very long term one.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don't think KO is going to the NBA because I don't think he has enough head coaching experience. There is probably a good chance down the road that he considers it, but despite the success this year I really don't think an NBA team would seriously consider him. I also doubt he would leave anytime soon for another college. If WM leaves and the new AD is not to his liking...you never know (see Hathaway and Edsall).

But...if he did leave after this season I really think that JC would take over again. He would take over with an agreement that one of protegees would be the long term solution. This way he could get the last itch for coaching out of his system and recruiting wouldn't be as impacted with a long term coaching strategy in place.

Reaction Score
Since people decided to kill Simmons for ignoring the Ollie statement in the Durant interview, I am surprised that no one mentioned that in this weeks podcast with UConn hater JackO, he mentioned how it surprised him to hear that. Just was unprepared for the answer and no time to formulate a follow up.

The conversation also started speculating how if OKC disappoints with a 1st or 2nd round upset, maybe they fire Brooks and hire the hot Kevin Ollie.

We are doomed!

You should be more surprised that anyone wants to torture themselves and listen to Bill Simmons's nasally voice for a however long podcast. Also, his comment about being unprepared for a follow up question just further validates what everyone in here was saying in that he just doesn't have the chops to wear as many hats as he does for ESPN. Kudos to him for hustling ESPN into taking him beyond the Page 2 personality, but he's just not a character that I find enjoyable to listen to.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I don't think KO is going to the NBA because I don't think he has enough head coaching experience.
I'm not sure it matters in the NBA. I don't watch it at all, but I know Jason Kidd is coaching and he went right from being a player, didn't he?

Reaction Score
Since people decided to kill Simmons for ignoring the Ollie statement in the Durant interview, I am surprised that no one mentioned that in this weeks podcast with UConn hater JackO, he mentioned how it surprised him to hear that. Just was unprepared for the answer and no time to formulate a follow up.

The conversation also started speculating how if OKC disappoints with a 1st or 2nd round upset, maybe they fire Brooks and hire the hot Kevin Ollie.

We are doomed!

I just listened and JackO is the worst, he rails on people that didn't go to UCONN for liking UCONN. That is what happens in every state in the country with their big state school. According to JackO only alumni are allowed to be fans of a team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You should be more surprised that anyone wants to torture themselves and listen to Bill Simmons's nasally voice for a however long podcast. Also, his comment about being unprepared for a follow up question just further validates what everyone in here was saying in that he just doesn't have the chops to wear as many hats as he does for ESPN. Kudos to him for hustling ESPN into taking him beyond the Page 2 personality, but he's just not a character that I find enjoyable to listen to.

And if we're honest about it, his shtick has grown old. He hasn't really developed significantly over the years. I'll give him a lot of credit for being one of the guys who helped bring the personality of internet/people/blogs/etc into the mainstream, challenging stodgy stuck in-there-ways journalists to raise their game. But there's so much better out there now.

Also, he despises Calhoun and UCONN from his days at Holy Cross and that colors any of his limited MCBB/UCONN player analysis. So he's not worth listening to in that regard.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just listened and JackO is the worst, he rails on people that didn't go to UCONN for liking UCONN. That is what happens in every state in the country with their big state school. According to JackO only alumni are allowed to be fans of a team.

That's because he went to Holy Cross and has a bug up his butt about UCONN like Bill Simmons. He lives in CT and is one of those bitter people who hates everyone's enthusiasm for the school (cough Mike D cough).

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'll give him credit for whatever part he had in 30 for 30, but I don't know how Grantland is an overwhelming success. I don't even have it bookmarked anymore. As much as I tried to like it, it just under delivered over and over and over for me.

well, it can't be a success if you don't like it.

Reaction Score
Aw, s---!

NBA teams are gonna come for him!
he has a ton of relevant experience ...all those organizations, styles of play, the way he had to 'mesh' to survive......like a 'playing internship' to coaching.....golden handcuff him now UConn

Reaction Score

Sebastian said the same bs, How many programs would lose a vast majority of their fans if alumni could only be fans? Stupid. Like every Duke, Kentucky, UNC, UCLA fans attempted the the university? We got fans the world over.

If fans should only be alumni, they should only show the games on campus, and not allow the general public to view them.

Wacko Jacko.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Sebastian said the same bs, How many programs would lose a vast majority of their fans if alumni could only be fans? Stupid. Like every Duke, Kentucky, UNC, UCLA fans attempted the the university? We got fans the world over.

If fans should only be alumni, they should only show the games on campus, and not allow the general public to view them.

Wacko Jacko.
If that were true Notre Dame would dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom