Duquesne v. UConn — Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Duquesne v. UConn — Game Thread

Reaction Score
I thought there were way more assists than the 25 shown in th box score. It seemed that Gabby had 6 assists to Katie Lou alone, yet she was only credited with 6 total

Reaction Score
Katie Lou and Kia were amazing. The Dynamic Duo. Glad Kia had a great homecoming. Glad Lou played as well as she did. When she doesn't think about scoring, and just plays the game, that's when Lou plays best. Interesting that Lou went to the coaches and told them she wasn't happy with her defense against Oklahoma. When some of us Boneyarders alluded to her defense, we were criticized. This time it came straight from the horse's (Lou's) mouth. Way to go Huskies!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations UConn Huskies!! Kia had and outstanding homecoming, she had 24 points and the fans were glad to have her home. Lou was on fire...she had 33 points. UConn hit the century mark a second game this season and year.

I pray Batouly will be fine, she had the knee brace on again. Hopefully, she will not have to redshirt. If Megan was still under the weather, I pray she feels better soon.

Reaction Score
I saw a shot of Meg on the bench toward the end of the game. You could see in her eyes that she isn't quite over the flu yet. Trick I learned as a medic when I rode the ambulance back in the 1980's. When the eyes look dull you ain't right physically.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
By the way anyone notice that the announcer pronounced Geno's last name as "Remmia"? Anyone notice that Lou increased the arc on her shots just a bit?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
By the way anyone notice that the announcer pronounced Geno's last name as "Remmia"? Anyone notice that Lou increased the arc on her shots just a bit?
Yes, I noticed the same thing on Lou’s shot. I think it makes a big difference in accuracy if she releases a high arcing shot vs a flatter shot. She must have gotten a call from her dad.

Reaction Score
Maybe they read his name as Au Remmia and thought it was French for "to the Remmia" or something.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yes, I noticed the same thing on Lou’s shot. I think it makes a big difference in accuracy if she releases a high arcing shot vs a flatter shot. She must have gotten a call from her dad.
On the high/lo Geno also moved Pheese off the high and put Lou in that spot. I'd mentioned before that Pheese was struggling there often being content to take the long 2.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Duquesne hitting threes like it's DePaul
Many teams, whether they are good or bad, seem to do that to UCONN in the fourth quarter when UCONN has a big lead. It's like they can't miss and some of them are from far out. However, ND surely did not do it. They crack down when the game is close.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Player of the Game: Katie Lou Samuelson!!!!!
I don't understand why so many people think KLS is so good. She missed two shots tonight. Two shots. Man, that could have cost UCONN the game. She has GOT to do better than that! 33 points?? If she had scored more the game would not have been so close. Keep her on the bench.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why so many people think KLS is so good. She missed two shots tonight. Two shots. Man, that could have cost UCONN the game. She has GOT to do better than that! 33 points?? If she had scored more the game would not have been so close. Keep her on the bench.
33 points to match her uniform number and the number of seasons Geno and CD have coached.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There was also a play late in the game when Lou caught a pass and drove the baseline, but rather than trying to make a layup she fired a pass to Kia at the arc who nailed a 3.

Lou was probably afraid she’d miss her 3rd shot of the game so she passed instead....

Reaction Score
I think uconn played there most complete game of season.

As I've said 190 times Kyla can play. Happy for her today.

KLS best player on team when she wants to do it all. What a game. She's clearly an amazing dynamic kid.

Defense was solid, led to countless breakaways.

Kia was great a nice homecoming.

Justine was on her game. She's must have loved being in cold Canada a few days before xmas ha. Great interview with kias dad, completely ignored the mom ha.

From the game right into the Geno show. It was a good birthday gift for me!!!

Reaction Score
Liked Kyla's effort tonight.

6 things I took away from this game:\\

1, Kia got to play in front of Family and Friends, and played with Glee\
2. Kia Got 24 points---Great emotional performance
3. Katie Lou was on fire with 33 from at least 8 3's
4. Geno played ALL frosh except Walker . This was the one I was looking for--they didn't drop the score but increased Great for the kids Great for Geno## Win Win Win
5 G reat under the basket defense and offense by Kyla Irwin, Coombs looked like the player many touted, Alexi PLAYED (yipeee)\W
6 We owe a debt of gratitude to the Canadian Duchane (?) Coaches and Team, played well, didn't give up and were gracious in the loss--the Coach actually hugged Geno

Our Canadian cousins--did Kia proud, they cheered loudly for a Uconn team some never heard of---nice arena, super nice people.

Reaction Score
Maybe they read his name as Au Remmia and thought it was French for "to the Remmia" or something.

You guys don't know the "dialect" version of his name? "maron'! ariemma, ma che cozz fai? :D

Reaction Score
Did you notice the high arc most of the Canadian's (from Pennsylvania or Europe) shot the long ball? That is the way I was taught to shoot it.
If Dad made that call--send him a pocket full of nickles for the phone.

Reaction Score
\
Finally a voice not whittling in the wind. Katie lou isn't so good. Louzy on shootin, louzy on offense, louzy on running the floor. I demand Geno keep her seated for the next game. (signed a Memphis fan).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom