Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach

Reaction Score
Using your bull horn to terminate a sport is anti UConn. He is a cancer. Absolute jerk.
I agree 100%...and his posse of the above mentioned names in my post are just as bad

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
As a KU Grad, I didn't think I would ever see a program pass KU in ineptitude, but bravo UConn!

Edsall is not the answer. Either AD Dave bucks up and shells out the money for a real coach and staff or take it out back and shoot the program in the head. KU got a new AD that was invested in football, raised the money and hired a real coach and staff, and KU just had its most successful signing day in school history.

I agree with part of this for sure. Someone needs to raise money and do it quick.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is how he becomes an OC in the NFL. Chances like this don't come around often.

I don't blame him. Good luck, Dunn.

at times, but more than likely get the push from quarterback coach then tight end coach

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You are an ignorant twit.

"Women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey was reported with more than $2.1 million in total pay, with nearly $1.85 million as base pay. Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma's basic pay for the 2015-16 season was $2.17 million.Apr 29, 2016"

so yeah he probably could leave for more money. Care to bring anymore stupidity to the board?

They are in a Power five where the money is there, UConn isn't.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You read this article and you wonder if Dunn might be looking for a job next year. (No Dunn mention)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nope. Not what I said at all actually.

We don't penny pinch MBB or WBB, nor should we. I'm tired of penny pinching football and expecting to win.

It’s chicken or egg at this point. UConn football needs to win, sell tickets so we can again spend more on the staff. Randy is here on the cheap and the theory was he’d get us back to competitive, so we could then get a decent replacement and staff.

They didn’t cheap out hiring Diaco. Even though it didn’t work out. We grabbed a Broyles award winner from ND.

Like it or not, this is Randy’s show for a couple more years.

Reaction Score
Like it or not, this is Randy’s show for a couple more years.
That is what I thought too, at least until the end of his contract. But the new president changes things. I now think that chances are 50-50 that if 2019 produces less than 3 wins that he will be gone along with AD David Benedict.

Reaction Score
That is what I thought too, at least until the end of his contract. But the new president changes things. I now think that chances are 50-50 that if 2019 produces less than 3 wins that he will be gone along with AD David Benedict.
IF that happens and Edsall & Benedict get canned, this program might be done @ the FBS level for a little while. Some of us that road the wave to FBS football from the beginning may not be around to see this program where it should've probably already have been by now, as a competitive FBS football program going to bowl games year in & year out.

Reaction Score
The program has already been done for a little while at the FBS level. And likely a fourth year coming up.

Reaction Score
IF that happens and Edsall & Benedict get canned, this program might be done @ the FBS level for a little while. Some of us that road the wave to FBS football from the beginning may not be around to see this program where it should've probably already have been by now, as a competitive FBS football program going to bowl games year in & year out.

If they fire Edsall they should go and hire Briles he’ll turn this program around in 2 yrs

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Using your bull horn to terminate a sport is anti UConn. He is a cancer. Absolute jerk.
That moron isn’t Anit-UConn @Exit 4 ...he is Anti UConn Football...and is probably one of if not THE loudest “UConn back to the BE” drum beaters on Twitter followed closely by Russ Steinberg and the Not a Dime Back crew.

Their entire point, if you bothered to read or use comprehension, is that UConn should spend the proper amount of money to actually compete in football or G_T_F_O, which is 100% the sentiment of everyone here, if you, repeating, paid any attention.

Reaction Score
Their entire point, if you bothered to read or use comprehension, is that UConn should spend the proper amount of money to actually compete in football or G_T_F_O, which is 100% the sentiment of everyone here, if you, repeating, paid any attention.
The group I just mentioned on twitter? Absolutely not...they want UConn to go indy in football if they don't drop it and go back to the BE in all sports so that the basketball teams can get back to playing schools like Nova, St Johns, PC and Georgetown. They could care less about football and make no bones about it. That crew is all about college hoops! I know this because I have gone at it with Steinberg and the Not a Dime back crew several times about it in the past. As for No Escalators..he's just a complete ! But hey don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I really don't understand the "Belongs in the Big East" Crew. UConn's only true rivals there are Nova and GTown. UConn's actual rivals are in the ACC (BC, Pitt, Cuse, Duke, UNC).

"Belongs in the Big East" is lazy.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Stop with the Big East bullcrap already.
Number one: They may not want UConn back.
Two: The league is limited in what they will make and UConn will still lose money hand over fist

When will the basketball people realize that College Football runs the show.

UConn should have made the jump ten years earlier and would be in a better place now, IMHO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom