Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It's a joke that people have problem with that. He's the best women's basketball coach in the world. It's a privilege to have him at UConn.

Where does it get us? I'm sorry, but no coach in that sport is worth nearly $2 million/year. I like Geno, but spending $3 million on a staff for a sport that can't generate revenue is laughable. We should be paying them 1/3 of that, and then you have $1.5 million more for a football salary pool right off the bat. It doesn't pay to have a competitive WBB team, and sports should only be funded if they can be profitable IMO.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Where does it get us? I'm sorry, but no coach in that sport is worth nearly $2 million/year. I like Geno, but spending $3 million on a staff for a sport that can't generate revenue is laughable. We should be paying them 1/3 of that, and then you have $1.5 million more for a football salary pool right off the bat. It doesn't pay to have a competitive WBB team, and sports should only be funded if they can be profitable IMO.
Whoa dude, you just made the argument to wind the football staff pay to zero.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Whoa dude, you just made the argument to wind the football staff pay to zero.

No, because football has the potential to generate money as a sport. It’s a revenue sport by definition

Reaction Score
It’s a joke. And we pay Geno at a rate far beyond what 99% of WBB programs are spending
And Alabama pays Saban at a rate far beyond what 99% of Football programs are paying. Someone has to get the most. It is usually the best coach!

Reaction Score

Go to sleep, you are embarrassing yourself.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It's a joke that people have problem with that. He's the best women's basketball coach in the world. It's a privilege to have him at UConn.
Thank god we have the best women’s basketball coach in the world. Let’s dedicate millions of dollars we don’t have to keep him and his former players here while we can’t keep up with UMass’s football coaching salary pool.

Reaction Score
Didn't Dunn's raise make him one of the higher paid assistants in our conference? One guy made over 450 last year. He made 460. Maybe the main problem is that taking this job is going to make you look like a bad coach given the inevitable outcome. Now, the total pool is low but that should matter more for Edsall than an individual assistant.

There is a chance I am an idiot and am bad at math.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Didn't Dunn's raise make him one of the higher paid assistants in our conference? One guy made over 450 last year. He made 460. Maybe the main problem is that taking this job is going to make you look like a bad coach given the inevitable outcome.
He only made that after Randy cut that 150k from his salary. Dunn’s salary was 300k last year.

Reaction Score
He only made that after Randy cut that 150k from his salary. Dunn’s salary was 300k last year.

I know that but that money was still going into his pocket. My thought is that we are going to have to throw an amount of money at a good assistant that we dont have and that no other team in our league spends. The job stinks for a lot of reasons. The total pool is not great but not the main factor IMO. It is just hard to look good here and almost all coaches are looking at a G5 assistant job as a springboard.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You are an ignorant twit.

"Women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey was reported with more than $2.1 million in total pay, with nearly $1.85 million as base pay. Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma's basic pay for the 2015-16 season was $2.17 million.Apr 29, 2016"

so yeah he probably could leave for more money. Care to bring anymore stupidity to the board?
Ok... do you have any idea how much more money the Baylor athletic department generates than us and what they pay their football coaches?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I know that but that money was still going into his pocket. My thought is that we are going to have to throw an amount of money at a good assistant that we dont have and that no other team in our league spends. The job stinks for a lot of reasons.
My point is we are paying the person who picks which Tulsa hotel the WBB stays at more than our offense coordinator and it’s a big head scratcher that we are the worst football team in the world.

Reaction Score
My point is we are paying the person who picks which Tulsa hotel the WBB stays at more than our offense coordinator and it’s a big head scratcher that we are the worst football team in the world.

If that is true then we are also paying that person more than a lot of schools much better than us are paying their coordinator.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thank god we have the best women’s basketball coach in the world. Let’s dedicate millions of dollars we don’t have to keep him and his former players here while we can’t keep up with UMass’s football coaching salary pool.
Last I checked, the WBB team made money. So what you guys want is that team to subsidize football.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
And Alabama pays Saban at a rate far beyond what 99% of Football programs are paying. Someone has to get the most. It is usually the best coach!

Uh, yeah. Because paying Nick Saban is a really good investment. Where has paying Geno gotten us?

Reaction Score
I know that but that money was still going into his pocket. My thought is that we are going to have to throw an amount of money at a good assistant that we dont have and that no other team in our league spends. The job stinks for a lot of reasons. The total pool is not great but not the main factor IMO. It is just hard to look good here and almost all coaches are looking at a G5 assistant job as a springboard.

Art Briles is still out there and won’t look at the Uconn job as a springboard

Reaction Score
Fair statement, but Dunn was already in the league for most of his previous career before stopping in Storrs. I would say that this is more of a Randy thing than Dunn wanting a spot in the league.

Because a coach wouldn't want another shot at the League?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
the roster is worse than last year. of course everyone is looking for a safe harbor

disagree. Only Pindell will be missed from the seniors. I will miss Davis as I think he was the most consistent tight end on the team.

The offensive line should be better along with the defensive backs.

I will call it now. This team will win 4-5 games this year.

Reaction Score
disagree. Only Pindell will be missed from the seniors. I will miss Davis as I think he was the most consistent tight end on the team.

The offensive line should be better along with the defensive backs.

I will call it now. This team will win 4-5 games this year.

Four wins is their absolute ceiling. 0 wins is a realistic floor. If we are making predictions I will go with 2 wins.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The only positive press the UConn athletic department has gotten in the past 4-5 years.
Ok, but... the ACC isn’t calling based on “UConn Football is a dumpster fire, MBB can’t get out of its own way... but Geno brings a few nice headlines!”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom