Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach

Reaction Score
Have to perform? That goes w/o saying.

Not HC in waiting? Read the link below carefully. This is a very small media market. The notion to plant the idea of Dunn having the inside track for the next HC position at UConn was certainly by Edsall.

Mike Anthony: UConn football OC John Dunn is getting a raise with his promotion and it’s coming out of Randy Edsall’s pocket. - Hartford Courant
I have read the article. He had no contract language saying he was coach in waiting. Would Randy have liked to have Dunn succeed him? Yes, if he performed, but it wouldn't have been Randy's decision.

Reaction Score
Lol. I think the new president better listen when AD Dave tells him we need to pay our coaches to compete.
AD David Benedict better be feeling some heat. His football hire has somehow lit the team into even more of a dumpster fire than when he inherited it. New President that is committed to FBS football and cares about the athletics department. Will be interesting to watch.
Maybe, but Suzy’s still her ongoing lame duckness through at least May. Officially, the new president will not take the reins until sometime in August. June, July ... cost savings? ;) Late fall to Jan, athletic dept house cleaning?

Reaction Score
We should kick Edsall to the curb with the rest of the people leaving

NO, NO, NO..... we can't compound one coach leaving for all the coaches leaving.... he will find a good OC to come and continue to bring UConn football back....

There was a lot of damage done from previous regime and this not going to be taken back to a good standing in a few years. I love the new DC and think he will bring someone close to that caliber to replace the OC.... I love this university and will not bail the ship because one coach is following his dream... wish him well and move on.

Reaction Score
You would have virtually met a great deal of folks who loved the hire if you were on the board a couple of years ago.
Eh, not really. The most critical were unhappy. Most were resigned to the fact that the guy who put up the buyout money did so conditionally. This regime, AD and HC, will be gone next January.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I have read the article. He had no contract language saying he was coach in waiting. Would Randy have liked to have Dunn succeed him? Yes, if he performed, but it wouldn't have been Randy's decision.

Again - no kidding - there are never contracts to assume positions in the world of coaching - only mutually understood pathways.

Whats important here is that never in the 20 years of Randy being in the CT universe has he ever planted a story to push an OC to be a HC. Thats about as good as a situation as an OC can every be handed on top of the keys to the offense.

Reaction Score
Stepping back from the forest to see the trees, taking a lower position in a higher league is basically a lateral. Looks better on the resume, and no recruiting is a positive. But if he thought there was a good chance that HCRE was gonna pull the program out of the fire he would have stayed for the chance at the HC job. His departure means he gave up on the program.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Don't blame him. Sticking around would probably hurt his career. Figured the offense will probably be much worst than last year.

I disagree - there was something to work with here this year and still is - at least for the offense. But I certainly can see how others would disagree with me.

Reaction Score
Stepping back from the forest to see the trees, taking a lower position in a higher league is basically a lateral. Looks better on the resume, and no recruiting is a positive. But if he thought there was a good chance that HCRE was gonna pull the program out of the fire he would have stayed for the chance at the HC job. His departure means he gave up on the program.
Or, he has decided the college game is not for him. Some people choose NFL jobs over college jobs because they prefer the lifestyle.

Reaction Score
I disagree - there was something to work with here this year and still is - at least for the offense. But I certainly can see how others would disagree with me.

No QB, Mensah, No TE, best receiver is Scott. Might rival the offensive ineptitude from that 2014 season with Chandler/Johnson/Davis leading the offense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It looks like the Kentucky DC is going the NFL Chiefs as LB coach. Some people just want to be in the NFL.

i hope they are taking care of you

Reaction Score
It looks like the Kentucky DC is going the NFL Chiefs as LB coach. Some people just want to be in the NFL.

True they do. Bama lost their DC so he could be the DL coach for the Browns.

Reaction Score
No QB, Mensah, No TE, best receiver is Scott. Might rival the offensive ineptitude from that 2014 season with Chandler/Johnson/Davis leading the offense.
Believe it or not, we return 2 of the top WRs from 2017 Skanes (35 catches) and Dixon (33 catches). Not sure why they weren't as heavily involved in 2018.

Reaction Score
We will roll out our best OL unit since Edsall 1.0. That’s what I got! :p
May not need a mobile QB. Good thing, too. Gotta think a 250 lbm QB will not be fleet afoot. And if the TE's turn out to be lousy blockers, use a FB.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not, we return 2 of the top WRs from 2017 Skanes (35 catches) and Dixon (33 catches). Not sure why they weren't as heavily involved in 2018.
Pindell ran the ball 1000+ yards. Skanes hurting.

Reaction Score
NO, NO, NO..... we can't compound one coach leaving for all the coaches leaving.... he will find a good OC to come and continue to bring UConn football back....

There was a lot of damage done from previous regime and this not going to be taken back to a good standing in a few years. I love the new DC and think he will bring someone close to that caliber to replace the OC.... I love this university and will not bail the ship because one coach is following his dream... wish him well and move on.

Continue to bring UConn back? 3-9, 1-11; I would prefer HCRE2.0 not "continue" to bring UConn football back like THAT. HCRE2.0 is at UConn for 2 plus years and is already on OC #3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom