Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dunn leaving to become Jets TE coach

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Now my eyes are on Spanos. I’m not convinced he is all in either.

Reaction Score
I'm and Edsall supporter, but he owns this. The Crocker thing was a complete mess and now a key cog that was apparently working is heading out. I don't think either the 2017 or the 2018 season needed to be the complete and total disasters they turned out to be.

I think Edsall and a lot of coaches feel the need to "make it their own" and have a tendency to break it all down and rebuild it. The problem with that approach is you can make the hole much deeper.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see absolutely no reason why the upcoming season will be any better than the last. Marshe and Beavers were big loses on D and there is no reason to believe we have anything like Pindell at QB. Mr. Dunn may have run away from something rather than to something.

I'm usually a half-full type of guy, but jeesh!

Reaction Score
Not a fan of just promoting from within here. But clearly this isn’t a desirable location for anyone regardless.

Reaction Score
"I was not looking to leave for any other college," Dunn said. "I have goals and aspirations that relate to the NFL and these jobs don't come up much. This one did. I had to take it."

Sometimes individual aspirations have to be followed.
Not sometimes, all the time. Especially if it’s a step up in levels. Happy for that man and his family. He was a good coach therefore an opportunity opened up for him. Same as Richardson.
Next man up. Giufre knows what the offense is supposed to look like. He has a few new toys to play around with.
Let’s get it!

Reaction Score
1549636506498.png

Reaction Score
I'm and Edsall supporter, but he owns this. The Crocker thing was a complete mess and now a key cog that was apparently working is heading out. I don't think either the 2017 or the 2018 season needed to be the complete and total disasters they turned out to be.

I think Edsall and a lot of coaches feel the need to "make it their own" and have a tendency to break it all down and rebuild it. The problem with that approach is you can make the hole much deeper.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see absolutely no reason why the upcoming season will be any better than the last. Marshe and Beavers were big loses on D and there is no reason to believe we have anything like Pindell at QB. Mr. Dunn may have run away from something rather than to something.

I'm usually a half-full type of guy, but jeesh!
No. Marshe was not a big loss on D. I’ll give you Beavers.

Reaction Score
Scary stuff. Richardson and Dunn gone. Also didn't see mentioned on here that defensive grad assistant Matt Robinson took a job at Maryland as a position coach.

Doesn't look like Giufre has called plays before. First time QB and RB coaches, who may not have coached these positions before either...plus coaches kid coaching TE's which is currently one scholarship player. Spring practice starts Monday!

Might be time to offer Orlovsky the keys to the state if he comes back and coaches QB's or as OC.

Reaction Score
This is disappointing news. I thought Lashlee would be a one year OC as he was desperate for a job when he was hired, but I had hoped Dunn would stay for 3 years, especially after his salary was increased.

Reaction Score
Well I don't think promoting another offensive line coach who never called plays before is a winning recipe. Why do we even try anymore? Randy 2.0 has been a disaster and I want the guy to succeed

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Nothing says "I understand college football in 2019" like hiring an offensive coordinator from within your own inept staff that has never been an offensive coordinator before without interviewing any additional candidates.

The guy doesn't even have a twitter account to reach recruits and he's supposed to lift our offense from the dead. At least Edsall's buyout drops to $0 after this year.

Reaction Score
Nothing says "I understand college football in 2019" like hiring an offensive coordinator from within your own inept staff that has never been an offensive coordinator before without interviewing any additional candidates.

The guy doesn't even have a twitter account to reach recruits and he's supposed to lift our offense from the dead. At least Edsall's buyout drops to $0 after this year.
What good coach is coming here to replace Edsall though? We keep cycling through coaches like water and the end result is always the same.

Reaction Score

Here was the problem. Spring practice goes from 2/12 to 3/15. There is no way that UConn could have posted the job and hired someone without that person missing Spring practice. So, you go with the best options that are on your staff.

Dunn left Edsall in a terrible position to replace him, but Dunn did what he thought was best for him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

FYI - Guifre has a Twitter account and unlike Dunn, his looks like he wants to be here. Dunn like Lashlee had a certain minimal effort quality to it.

UConn OL Coach Giufre (@UConn_OLCoach) on Twitter

Reaction Score
I give up

I’ve got plenty of my own creations to structure. Let’s see where they are in April

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
What good coach is coming here to replace Edsall though? We keep cycling through coaches like water and the end result is always the same.
Depends. Are we going to actually invest money into a coaching staff or are we going to continue to try to scrape by on the bottom barrel?

At this point we don't just need to invest in coaching. The facilities need a face-lift and the weight room needs redone. Look at the rest of the conference and the investment they're making in facilities. We've had 2 teams build new STADIUMS since joining the league. Not to mention the additions of new practice facilities at Houston, SMU, Memphis, Temple, and UCF have all added practice facilities since the first season in the AAC. The school needs to get its head out of its a** and realize they're playing FBS football. Act like it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom