Dunking fails | The Boneyard

Dunking fails

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This sort of brings me to something I've been thinking about. I'm not a fan of dunking in the woman's game because it isn't a high enough percentage play. In the men's game sure, in the woman's game not so much. Few player can dunk with authority and more importantly reliability.

There are exceptions to that general rule and I think ONO, maybe one. She look looked pretty good in that dunk contest. Good enough to use it in a game? I think so. Geno has been clear, he doesn't mind it, but you have to make it. So will Olivia's dunking be a part of her game at UConn?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Why do we all enjoy epic fails? Are we just glad we arn't that dumb?

Reaction Score
Some of those dunk fails looked painful.

ONO looked so smooth with her first dunk at the McDonald's games, I was a little surprised we did not see an attempt in the all-star game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some of those dunk fails looked painful.

ONO looked so smooth with her first dunk at the McDonald's games, I was a little surprised we did not see an attempt in the all-star game.
I think some players wanted to see Liv flush one at the end of the game, as Jonquel did in the WNBA All-star game, but it didn't happen.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Not sure what you mean DaddyChoc. Not dumb cause they can't dunk, dumb because they don't think thru a silly stunt, like in Darwin awards dumb.
those weren't stunts they couldn't accomplish... they just failed once, I'm sure some would have completed the stunt if given a second chance

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
#1 is an all-timer. that clip doesn't quite capture the essence of it though:

1336405435_fat_guy_trampoline_dunk_fail.gif

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
those weren't stunts they couldn't accomplish... they just failed once, I'm sure some would have completed the stunt if given a second chance

In refutation of your argument, I give you intizncster's clip above. He could try that a thousand times and he wouldn't get it done on the second or the last. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In refutation of your argument, I give you intizncster's clip above. He could try that a thousand times and he wouldn't get it done on the second or the last. :)
Plus, I could watch that about 50 times and laugh every single time. Classic. #1 reminds me of a few cat jump fails...!

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
In refutation of your argument, I give you intizncster's clip above. He could try that a thousand times and he wouldn't get it done on the second or the last. ;)

what about the others?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
what about the others?

Got to admit some of the stunts were doable. So, I'm still asking the question, why do we laugh at epic fails.? Pleased that we are not that dumb was only a hypothesis. Why do you laugh?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Got to admit some of the stunts were doable. So, I'm still asking the question, why do we laugh at epic fails.? Pleased that we are not that dumb was only a hypothesis. Why do you laugh?
laughter is the best medicine...

Reaction Score
If you want to see female Dunkers just go to any Brethren affiliated College they are loaded with them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom