Dukie! | The Boneyard

Dukie!

Reaction Score
South Carolina and Arkansas represented themselves well IMO and did better than people expected and I am very happy to see one of those teams move on at the very least. Congrats South Carolina, first time since 1973, now beat Baylor! I have a new team to pull for to win it all, lol.

A Michigan/South Carolina final with zags making it to the final four and either cincy or butler getting back for a 3rd time, haha, wonder what the odds could be. That would be a heck of a lot of fun!

Reaction Score
Did anyone really think Duke was going to win this year? I usually dont care what happens to duke anymore because we`ve wiped the floor with them twice at the F4 but since Gayson Allen is on the team im all for duke getting knocked off.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
oh man poor Grayson Allen (/s)

He apparently couldn't find anybody to trip tonight. It affected his shooting in the last ten minutes...mostly bricks from behind the arc.

Reaction Score
All the experts jumped on the Duke will win it all bandwagon. I was thinking there was no way with the year they had. No one gets to go see these games like these experts and they still get caught up in the Duke and Kentucky hype. I watch a handful of games from those teams and others and have a pretty good idea that they aren't good enough.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Did anyone really think Duke was going to win this year? I usually dont care what happens to duke anymore because we`ve wiped the floor with them twice at the F4 but since Gayson Allen is on the team im all for duke getting knocked off.
Come on, you're lying if you didn't think Duke had a shot to win it all. They were the third highest picked team to win the title.
They won the ACC, and were catching fire with a finally healthy lineup+ Coach K on their sidelines.
I dislike Duke as much as the next person on here, but don't give me "Did anyone really think Duke was going to win this year?".

Reaction Score
Come on, you're lying if you didn't think Duke had a shot to win it all. They were the third highest picked team to win the title.
They won the ACC, and were catching fire with a finally healthy lineup+ Coach K on their sidelines.
I dislike Duke as much as the next person on here, but don't give me "Did anyone really think Duke was going to win this year?".
Well maybe im wrong assuming others didnt think Duke would win but i assure you i didnt think theyd win it all. My 3 brackets my title winners are Ucla,Arizona and KU.

Reaction Score
To watch these guys bi*ch about the calls as the clocks tick down, and K smile like the calls aren't going his way is just a beautiful sight. Our guys aren't there so this obviously isn't anything we can gloat about, but it's a next door neighbor for sure.:D

Reaction Score
This wasn't Duke's fault. Similar to Wisconsin, SC was underseeded. To have Duke and Villanova both lose in the opening rounds has to be the fault of the committee. Come on, what else could it be?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This wasn't Duke's fault. Similar to Wisconsin, SC was underseeded. To have Duke and Villanova both lose in the opening rounds has to be the fault of the committee. Come on, what else could it be?

They were not underseeded. My dad lives in SC and watched most of their games. He thought they were overseeded if anything. Watch Baylor take them apart.

The reality is that this is what Duke was all year. A brilliant squad when playing well, but a team that lost a lot of games to mediocre teams. NC State beat them. VT blew them out. They had close wins against bad teams like Clemson and Wake.

Reaction Score
So the best conference in the history of forever has one team in the Sweet Sixteen...

happy-pfftch-l.png

Gotta give credit, it looks like Goodman put out an article of how the ACC proved it was over-rated

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So the best conference in the history of forever has one team in the Sweet Sixteen...

happy-pfftch-l.png

Gotta give credit, it looks like Goodman put out an article of how the ACC proved it was over-rated

And that team was losing with a minute to play.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Duke didn't have a penetrating point guard. That hurt them last night.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What's really hilarious is the UNC fans hanging around to cheer for USC. Anybody old enough to remember knows the acrimonious history between these two old ACC rivals. After USC left the ACC in the late 1960's, UNC didn't play them in BB until some preseason exempt tournament played at the old Charlotte Coliseum in the early 1990's.

The announcers claimed the crowd was 90 percent pro Gamecocks. UNC's hatred of the Dooksters trumped their dislike for USC. I wonder if NC will ever repeal their public restroom legislation so their teams can go back to playing their first four tournament games in the friendlier confines of Tobacco Road? It's obvious the boys from Durham don't like playing in front of a hostile crowd on the first weekend, a new experience for them.

Reaction Score

There will NEVER BE a conference better than what the big east was when it was at its peak. Kembas team beat 4 top 20 teams in the Big East tourney. That conference was brutal!

Reaction Score
Duke is now blaming the loss partly on the North Carolina transgender bathroom bill that caused the NCAA to pull the game out of Greensboro NC and put it in Greenville, SC, mere miles from the S. Carolina campus.

Reaction Score
Duke is now blaming the loss partly on the North Carolina transgender bathroom bill that caused the NCAA to pull the game out of Greensboro NC and put it in Greenville, SC, mere miles from the S. Carolina campus.

Can you imagine the difficulty of having to play the first four rounds outside of your homestate? Must be brutal.

Look for K, and Roy and the rest of Tobacco Road to step up additional pressure on the bathroom law. Please note, all of those turds could care less about the bathroom law; in fact, id imagine that they'd propose eliminating bathrooms just to be able to have the opening rounds in charlotte and regional semis and finals in Greensboro -- you know, like the gold old days-- circa 1AD to 2016.

Reaction Score
God, the irony. You can't even cut it with a knife. It's so dense you need a jackhammer.

First big obvious sports-related possible tangible consequences of the bathroom bill. I wonder how much money the ACC ultimately just lost by Puke exiting that early

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom