Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Like HuskyFich said, Duke gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rankings from both the selection committee as well as the national media polls. Quite the dangerous combination for all the other schools. They are always intrinsically perceived by the eye test to be better than they truly are, and that's why you see guys like Greyson Allen getting absurd Preseason All American talk, because the people that form the opinions of the "general public" perceive a player in a Duke jersey to be more talented than the same player in a different jersey. They are seen as "what can be by season's end with all that talent and Coach K at the helm" moreso than what they truly are at the very moment when rankings are made, which is intrinsically wrong and unfair to the competition. But it is what it is. I have no doubt in my mind Duke will not go worse than Top 12 at any point in this season, despite how many losses they rack up.

The truth of the matter is that UConn, despite winning just as much as Duke at the highest level and in a much tougher conference, has never gotten that treatment from those who form the opinions that "matter". Our occasional inconsistencies in the regular season over the last two plus decades has given the media the opinion that UConn is likely to combust coming into any given season. They take a "wait and see" approach with us, which is vastly different than what UK, Duke, UNC, and KU get (the 4 main programs right now getting "the treatment").

It is what it is, just keep winning baby.

Reaction Score
Really unimpressed with them. Jones is an average guard at best. Thornton is not ready for this level of basketball. Grayson Allen feasts on low majors but once he goes up against fast and athletic players, he stinks. Ingram is a softy, enough said. Very talented but needs to put on weight. Jefferson is underrated in my opinion. Great rebounder. Plumlee is just ehhh. I think we'd have no problem handling Duke this year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The refs will make sure duke doesn't lose an acc game other than North Carolina this year. They're a talented well coached team, but anyone who looked at their roster without bias had some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky
Top Bottom