Duke | The Boneyard

Duke

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Duke gave up 113 points in a loss tonight to (12-15) Wake Forest. Wow.
And yet they are #7. Hasn't all their losses come from the unranked? I haven't looked but I bet it is close. With 5 or 6 losses they still make it to the top 10. They MAY drop come Monday. Maybe to #8. OR go up to #6.It's Duke.

pj

Reaction Score
34 points were given up in two overtimes. And they're still in a virtual tie for second with Louisville in the conference, one game behind Florida State. Louisville is #11 and FSU #6.

Reaction Score
Yesss....

With FSU's 2nd win over Louisville two days ago....FSU was 1/2 game ahead of Duke for ACC #1...

Now in solid #1 position with three games left....looks like the 2 game tournament bye is in hand if the Noles take care of business.

The computers don't love FSU...the Noles don't go to the foul line enough (dead last in ACC and ranked 239). Although they have beaten Louisville by 15 and 13 points, the computers say Louisville is the favorite if they meet in the tournament.

It would take a run out to haul down a #2 seed for the dance...and that ain't happening.

Last edited:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The tourney is as wide open as I can remember. 15 different teams could win it all and I wouldn't be surprised. I will say I watched most of the Kansas win at Baylor and the Jayhawks were impressive.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And yet they are #7. Hasn't all their losses come from the unranked? I haven't looked but I bet it is close. With 5 or 6 losses they still make it to the top 10. They MAY drop come Monday. Maybe to #8. OR go up to #6.It's Duke.

Well to be fair, Stephen F. Austin is 24-3. Not ranked, but that loss doesn't look as bad as it did at the time.

Reaction Score
Yesss....

With FSU's 2nd win over Louisville two days ago....FSU was 1/2 game ahead of Duke for ACC #1...

Now in solid #1 position with three games left....looks like the 2 game tournament bye is in hand if the Noles take care of business.

The computers don't love FSU...the Noles don't go to the foul line enough (dead last in ACC and ranked 239). Although they have beaten Louisville by 15 and 13 points, the computers say Louisville is the favorite if they meet in the tournament.

It would take a run out to haul down a #2 seed for the dance...and that ain't happening.
The computers aren't the only ones who don't love FSU! Any day they lose is a great day!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Duke gave up 113 points in a loss tonight to (12-15) Wake Forest. Wow.

I think I saw that with about 75 seconds left in regulation, they had a 98.4% chance of winning.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That K has always been the king of the crybabies.

Reaction Score
The computers aren't the only ones who don't love FSU! Any day they lose is a great day!

Friends come and go.....but enemies are forever.

I treasure mine...love to root against them. Good to know that you have that covered.

Reaction Score
Duke was up 9 with 1:21 remaining in regulation. It reminded me of this:
that was a perfect team. during those 3+ minutes we got a glimpse of what everyone did best. Brown, the steady upperclassmen, taking care of the ball and finding rashad, the sniper, on the wing for the 3 pointer. gordon, the slasher with the spin-move in traffic drawing a foul and getting to the line. okafor, scoring in the post and grabbing rebounds on both ends. last but not least, boone, earned us at least 3 extra possessions by doing the dirty work: diving on the floor and keeping the ball alive.

crazy duke didnt score (aside from the desperation 3 at the buzzer) that whole time

Reaction Score
whatever happened with the NCAA violations with Kansas and Self? Is the NCAA waiting till after the tournament to address them?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Duke was up 9 with 1:21 remaining in regulation. It reminded me of this:

Whenever I post that the key to UConn victories is

Defensive stops
No turnovers
Made free throws

... THIS is what I think of.

This clip begins with a missed free throw, and an 8-pt deficit with under 4 minutes to go.

Duke takes an ill-advised 3-pointer (familiar?), and Rashard answers with a 3!
Six-point swing (also familiar)

Until the meaningless Duke 3 at the buzzer, UConn pitches a near perfect game:

5 (or 6?) consecutive stops
Scoring on every possession
5-6 free throws
(EO messing with the fans on the first of the final two?)
ZERO turnovers

Best. Ever.
(OK, one of...)

Reaction Score
Glad Duke lost, but UConn fans may want to root against Wake Forest from here on out...

Reaction Score
Glad Duke lost, but UConn fans may want to root against Wake Forest from here on out...
Duke, UNC, Wake, Virginia were always supporters of UConn. No need to root against Wake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom