Duke women's team ends their season | The Boneyard

Duke women's team ends their season

Reaction Score
As I posted on the womens board, it was either covid or coach K was going to make them all claim they had bad backs...

Reaction Score
Pathetic, next time Duke is on Uconns schedule Geno should run up the score send a message.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Quitters. Expect the men to follow after they lose to Syracuse.

I have a hypothetical: if Duke and Syracuse met in the ACC Championship (like I said, very hypothetical), or a regular season game that would determine conference champion (verrrry hypothetical), who would Yarders want to see lose more?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I have a hypothetical: if Duke and Syracuse met in the ACC Championship (like I said, very hypothetical), or a regular season game that would determine conference champion (verrrry hypothetical), who would Yarders want to see lose more?
Probably Duke. They won’t print T-Shirts talking about a 4-0 ACC Tournament. Also they’d be bounced in the first weekend of the NCAA’s anyway.

It’d be nicer to see Syracuse in the NIT.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Probably Duke. They won’t print T-Shirts talking about a 4-0 ACC Tournament. Also they’d be bounced in the first weekend of the NCAA’s anyway.

It’d be nicer to see Syracuse in the NIT.

I like that reasoning. I think I’d rather see Duke lose. Even though I dislike Cuse more, I see Duke as the face of the ACC (the entitled, incredibly punchable face), so in this scenario I think I’d be happier to see them fail for the whole Duke Network...ahem, ACC Network...audience to see live on TV.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

There are times to root for a stadium collapse / meteorite / sinkhole. This is one of them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s easy. You root for Duke to lose this game, because you be confident that Cuse sucks and will lose many others.

As for the topic of the thread, lame. Utterly lame. The players aren’t at any real risk, and what they are doing is less risky than working at Target.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is a precursor to the dook men's team shutting down within the next two weeks. The cynic in me expects an announcement on a Sunday afternoon of NFL playoff games.

Reaction Score
I would root for Cuse to lose if that were the case. Another ACC title for Duke won’t really matter to me an ACC title Cuse fans would talk about it for an eternity and would value it as if that equals our 4 national championships.

I don’t even wanna think about being in that kind of predicament.

Reaction Score
I'm 27. So maybe it's a thing from before my time
Ok that makes sense. If you weren’t around for the Dream Season and the ones leading up to 1999 then you really would not have the perspective needed to know why Dook is the obvious choice here. ESPN made a documentary named “I hate Christian Laettner”. Any UConn fan from back then could have served as an advisor to the film. The history also helped make 1999 so freaking magical.

Reaction Score
I'm with Scoe with as much as I hate Duke any win or accomplishment by cuse would be a banner , t-shirts, flags and a parade and anything else they could think of. #### on them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom