Duke @ Wisconsin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke @ Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Okafor scares me, he has so many post moves. Some made for the sole purpose of getting the defender to commit a foul. Brimah can not leave his feet.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Whats up with this wisconsin crowd? Quiet. Even when the game was close. Can you imagine if Duke came into storrs?

Reaction Score
Wisconsin has some nice size/personnel. but right now they don't look like the no.2 team in the country. Duke looks much more talented, mainly in the backcourt. However i could see wisc pulling it together late in the year, they really pass the ball well.

Reaction Score
I'm so glad duke is still running out Plumlee's, this one looks like the copy of a copy in multiplicity.

The Plumlee's get a bad rap; although this one is by far the worst of the lot. But the other two are both pros and as a whole they are so much more athletic than anyone gives them credit for. I can't remember which one is which, but the one on Brooklyn is really solid and was like a 17 and 10 guy in college. I think we'd kill for any one of them right about now as an active, big body with some skill.

Reaction Score
I think we will defend Duke better but our offense vs theirs at this point?

Reaction Score
Bilas was stressing that this is an athletic Wisconsin team, sort of like this isn't your granddaddy's Badgers, well they still look fairly unathletic to me. Kentucky is so far ahead of everyone else from what I've seen so far.

Reaction Score
The Plumlee's get a bad rap; although this one is by far the worst of the lot. But the other two are both pros and as a whole they are so much more athletic than anyone gives them credit for. I can't remember which one is which, but the one on Brooklyn is really solid and was like a 17 and 10 guy in college. I think we'd kill for any one of them right about now as an active, big body with some skill.
The Plumlee's in the NBA are almost freakish athletically.

Reaction Score
Okafor uses his off arm to wrap around a ton. was doing it vs stanford a lot.he's gonna have his hands full with brimah, i worry more about jones destroying our overzealous guards off the bounce

Reaction Score
UcannUconn said:
Okafor scares me, he has so many post moves. Some made for the sole purpose of getting the defender to commit a foul. Brimah can not leave his feet.

It's almost like when KO gives his fire and brimstone pregame speech, we need Brimah in the other room listening to the sounds of the ocean on headphones. Unlike everyone else, he needs to stay calm and not try to go in thinking he needs to block everything. If Okafor hits a couple shots early over him while he stays on his feet, so be it.

Reaction Score
Kaminsky doesn't look seven feet to me. He also has a slow release and almost a set shot like a female player. He's good and crafty, but I don't really see him as an NBA player. I don't see how he can defend some of the NBA bigs. I can see him struggling to score on them too. He's been wisconsins best player by far though.

Overall not very impressed by Wisconsin. Where has Sam dekker been? He's been invisible. They're definitely good but not sure they're the second best team.

Duke on the other hand is very good and they will only get better. They might be the best team in the country, and yes they includes ky. Okafor is ridiculously skilled. Duke has been winning and controlling this entire game and they're the young team on the road against a veteran team
Pretty impressive.

Reaction Score
I would take Duke over Kentucky right now, and I'd take them over Kentucky in April.

Reaction Score
UCONN better be practicing its zone d concepts to protect the few precious resources it has

Reaction Score
Wisky looks like they have not improved at all from last year .

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
How is it that a photo of Marshall Plumlee of all f--cking people is on the front page of espn.com? I know his 4 points and 3 rebounds were irreplaceable to the Duke win, but come on...

ESPN is such a joke.

Reaction Score
Best Duke team I believe I have ever seen, at least tonight. PG is really, really good. Okafor is skilled beyond his years. Supporting players very good. Wisky looked like a top 10 team that has a puncher's chance of winning it all.

But the thing that struck me the most watching these two teams tonight is . . . we can't shoot.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How is it that a photo of Marshall Plumlee of all f--cking people is on the front page of espn.com? I know his 4 points and 3 rebounds were irreplaceable to the Duke win, but come on...

ESPN is such a joke.
Lol, grab the torches and pitchforks!!!!:eek:

Reaction Score
They shot it exceptional last night and it happens. They are very good and a scary match up for us. But defensively if healthy we will create a lot more havoc and they won't shoot it as well, especially Jones who was real good last night, maybe played a bit over his head actually. The fact Winslow was hiding all night is scary because he, to me is the best of the perimeter players. Okafor should have had 3-4 fouls again last night early, over the back twice ignored by the refs and that's a problem. He's damn good and much better than I thought watching some HS stuff - a load for our inexperienced C.

If they shoot that good again and our guys allow them to, we're dead and that will be early in the game! But I think our guys can defend them better, make it tougher to score and stay within reach! Have to be healthy though and have to make shots. Their defense is good on the perimeter but not as good if you can gain the step - mid range games need to be very good although they won't block as many shot as Texas if you can get to the hole.

They're going to score so a game in the 50's probably won't happen so no matter how good our defense may be on the 18th our offense will need to get on the board more often! Hey, we own K right? never know

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Kind of reminds me of that 09-10 game early on against Kentucky at MSG. We weren't as good but our guys rose to the challenge and we almost pulled it out. We're going to have to play the great D we've shown for 40 minutes and shoot it better than we have so far this year.

Reaction Score
With Duke looking so good, at least we won't be ridculed as much if we lose to them.

Reaction Score
after what i saw last night we're going to seriously need to bring the noise to the Izod center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom