Duke-Utah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke-Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They were saying during the game that the Utah coach originally was going to not accept this game but then decided to accept it under 1 circumstance which was there had to be 1 pac 12 official on the crew

Reaction Score
First half the refs miss a goal tend against Utah. What happens after? K calls a TO in a fit of rage and hardly goes to the bench during the TO bit instead lashes out at the stripes - one could never guess what could have happened next? Kennard goes to the basket 4 times and gets 8 FT's, 2X out of control and 2X no foul should have been called. Larry K should have called a TO and pulled the refs together at that pint and said "Could you please give K his 2 for the goal tend you missed because you're so scared of him now this didn't work out to fn well for me!":rolleyes:

LOL, it's pitiful at times it really is.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
First half the refs miss a goal tend against Utah. What happens after? K calls a TO in a fit of rage and hardly goes to the bench during the TO bit instead lashes out at the stripes - one could never guess what could have happened next? Kennard goes to the basket 4 times and gets 8 FT's, 2X out of control and 2X no foul should have been called. Larry K should have called a TO and pulled the refs together at that pint and said "Could you please give K his 2 for the goal tend you missed because you're so scared of him now this didn't work out to fn well for me!":rolleyes: LOL, it's pitiful at times it really is.
No it's not pathetic. It is winning. we loved it when Calhoun did it, I'm not going to then begrudge another coach for almost being as good at it as JC . K is great at it. But he's still a rat faced nozzle .

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It was hard to tell from the crappy angle they had, but I thought he got the arm. Either way, no idea what the Utah player was doing there; back off! Otherwise, I agree that the refs were trying their damnedest to get Duke back in this game.
Can't argue with that. He shouldn't have ever been in the area.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Refs stunk but Utah was choking all over the place. What is it with Duke and annoying players? Grayson Allen looks like a young Ted Cruz and Kennard is constantly fixing his hair.

Just take a look at K and you have your answer. Players tend to take on the persona of the Man in Charge, in this case, comb-over rat face.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Does Duke have some type of special deal going on with the NCAA. They have numerous recruiting violations (coach K and team Usa) yet no penalties.

You can say something about Corey Magette and I'll listen to you, but wtf are you talking about with Team USA? Banana land stuff.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
First half the refs miss a goal tend against Utah. What happens after? K calls a TO in a fit of rage and hardly goes to the bench during the TO bit instead lashes out at the stripes - one could never guess what could have happened next? Kennard goes to the basket 4 times and gets 8 FT's, 2X out of control and 2X no foul should have been called. Larry K should have called a TO and pulled the refs together at that pint and said "Could you please give K his 2 for the goal tend you missed because you're so scared of him now this didn't work out to fn well for me!" LOL, it's pitiful at times it really is.
No it's not pathetic. It is winning. we loved it when Calhoun did it, I'm not going to then begrudge another coach for almost being as good at it as JC . K is great at it. But he's still a rat faced nozzle .

Hey, call me an arse, but I really, really want Ollie to bottle some of that and drink the duckck out of it before every game.

Reaction Score

A lot of coaches yell at the officials. I'm not sure any of them have more sway than K does, though, and that includes Calhoun. Hell, if I were an official being berated by one of the best ever, I'd probably start throwing some calls his way as well.

With Calhoun, at least there's a reputation of him being a bullying figure. K doesn't have that.

Reaction Score
Just take a look at K and you have your answer. Players tend to take on the persona of the Man in Charge, in this case, comb-over rat face.
"Couple weeks from now, you're gonna be in some district somewhere with 11 or 12 uniforms looking to you for everything. And some of them are gonna be good police. Some of them are gonna be young and stupid. A few are gonna be pieces of . But all of them will take their cue from you. You show loyalty, they learn loyalty. You show them it's about the work, it'll be about the work. You show them some other kinda game, then that's the game they'll play."

-Lieutenant Daniels

Minimally relevant, but I loved that quote and scene.

caw

Reaction Score
Who exactly is Dukes signature win this year? Georgetown? Indiana? VCU? vastly overrated right now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
A lot of coaches yell at the officials. I'm not sure any of them have more sway than K does, though, and that includes Calhoun. Hell, if I were an official being berated by one of the best ever, I'd probably start throwing some calls his way as well. With Calhoun, at least there's a reputation of him being a bullying figure. K doesn't have that.

Watch the 2004 final four and behold the one man that can outwork k. We fouled out their whole front line after JC worked them for a half. K was besides himself at one point yelling at the refs " you screwed us " at the end because UConn owned the calls down the stretch.

That head to head ref working is all you need to know on who's the best. K is best now because JC is gone.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Refs stunk but Utah was choking all over the place. What is it with Duke and annoying players? Grayson Allen looks like a young Ted Cruz and Kennard is constantly fixing his hair.
yep - someone better tell K he'd better be looking for a Hillary and Bernie look -a-likes

Reaction Score
Does Duke have some type of special deal going on with the NCAA. They have numerous recruiting violations (coach K and team Usa) yet no penalties. And watching the officiating during their games is just brutal. I mean anyone watching the game today ( except for that nitwit dick vitale) could tell you that refs were clearly biased. There were so many bull calls in this game that I'm surprised the utah players kept their composure. Even Kentucky doesn't get biased bull calls from the refs like this.
Kentucky got plenty of calls against OSU. Just not enough to win. Bwahaha!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Umm...What is, "fairly obvious for $600, Alex?"

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Does Duke have some type of special deal going on with the NCAA. They have numerous recruiting violations (coach K and team Usa) yet no penalties. And watching the officiating during their games is just brutal. I mean anyone watching the game today ( except for that nitwit dick vitale) could tell you that refs were clearly biased. There were so many bull calls in this game that I'm surprised the utah players kept their composure. Even Kentucky doesn't get biased bull calls from the refs like this.
Ratings are what matter. The end justifies the means. Most people will not see the reality of it. They just think Dick Vitale is so
cool and Duke so great. I'd like to believe this isn't true but it just happens all the time. I don't root against Duke but I like to see a fair fight. What proves this to me is that when I am not watching UConn play against the media darlings I see it from a more unbiased viewpoint. It is really a turnoff to watch it happen so often. There has to be some kind of pressure on those refs IMHO.

Reaction Score

He's a great coach and a winner I agree. He also whines more than most coaches and gets more calls than most coaches, it's painfully obvious and has been for years and years.

Reaction Score
K is a whiner , HoF coach and one of the most accomplished in the sport... but a whiner. You think JC would cry about some player bumping into him on the way to the locker room? He would cold *ock the sonofabitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom