Duke Thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The one weakness Hamilton still has to contend with is with his FT shooting. He needs to shore that up because Duke will try to foul against him a lot.

What does this mean? You think that Duke is going to go hack-a-Shaq on Hamilton?

Reaction Score
Every time I see this thread title I think of this:

His freakin' nut wife robbed us of his great talent. The "Bill Clinton in Mc Donalds" skit was my favorite of his.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
His freakin' nut wife robbed us of his great talent. The "Bill Clinton in Mc Donalds" skit was my favorite of his.
I get upset every time I think about it. I loved that guy. One of the all-time comedy greats with so much more to give.

Love the Clinton McD's skit. Always partial to Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer too.

Reaction Score
Right now uconn simply isn't good and thats a fact. They still have a high ceiling, but if that gets met who knows. Duke has 1 guy superbly more talented than anybody on our roster: okafor. Everywhere else we match up well physically and athletically. The problem is a guy who we need to be a star (purvis) is simply not game ready and really doubts himself out there. And we really don't have a small ball 4 to take advantage of roaming amile jefferson, facey is so far from daniels offensively its not a joke. Can't believe i convinced myself he could offer some of the same skill set...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
PacificStorm said:
Uconn has a real chance if they can put Okafor in early and late foul trouble and Brimah is able to play at least 25 minutes whether foul-plagued or not. The one guy I believe who can challenge Okafor on drives to the hoop is Hamilton who can induce maybe 2 fouls. He's very crafty with high IQ lobs.. Even Nolan might be able to get one one foul off Okafor, too. Plays should be designed to put constant pressure on Okafor. The guy can implode given that he is freshman. He could have a bad game here and there; nobody is perfect. Hopefully this would happen in the game against us. Other than that, I see not much else in terms of upsetting a very good Duke team. Hamilton could be the hero of this game, maybe not Brimah, but he and Boatright and Facey could play memorable games, too. Hopefully, they all click together against this very good Duke team. If Purvis is healthy, he could use this game to catapult his game before watching NBA scouts. This game could be his biggest opportunity during the regular season. I am not coach KO, but I want to see Hamilton spelling Boat for PG duties. He would be a phenomenal oversized 2-guard for us. He should be put against that Duke PG. He just might succeed putting him in a straight jacket, why not, given his height and agility. This would do wonders for Boat's energy for the final 10 minutes. I'd like to see the players put together a productive transition game. The one weakness Hamilton still has to contend with is with his FT shooting. He needs to shore that up because Duke will try to foul against him a lot.
Solid points. One thing I would like to see out of DHam is for him to drop in some runners in the lane from the same spot he is getting to for the lobs. It would help keep good defenses honest for cheating against the lob.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our fearless leader said it best:

“We’ve just gotta be focused,” said Boatright. “It can go two ways: we can play UConn basketball and give ourselves a chance to win the game, or we can go in unfocused and get blown out.”

H

huskymagic

Right now uconn simply isn't good and thats a fact. They still have a high ceiling, but if that gets met who knows. Duke has 1 guy superbly more talented than anybody on our roster: okafor. Everywhere else we match up well physically and athletically. The problem is a guy who we need to be a star (purvis) is simply not game ready and really doubts himself out there. And we really don't have a small ball 4 to take advantage of roaming amile jefferson, facey is so far from daniels offensively its not a joke. Can't believe i convinced myself he could offer some of the same skill set...

James don't do drugs its bad for reasoning. Okafor is a good big but not verly athletic or imposing. Skilled big guys like him don't give UCONN trouble. Amida is long enough, athletic enough, and talented enough to hold his own. Brimah isn't some scrub he's a future NBA player himself. Hamilton is very talented and a a point forward who can do many things. He is a future NBA player himself. Boat will take the matchup against Tyus Jones and lock him down defensively and play off the ball and have a good night against Duke. Facey and Amile Jefferson are the same player, and Facey can more than hold his own against him.

We have enough talent to beat anybody. The keys to the game are Boat's defensive pressure on Jones in the halfcourt, running our offense through our bigs, Hamilton playing point forward and continuing to do what he does, and Boat playing off the ball on offense. Lastly, we need to play Duke tough at the three point line especially against Jones, Sulaimon(Samuels needs to be on him) and Cook.

Reaction Score
James don't do drugs its bad for reasoning. Okafor is a good big but not verly athletic or imposing. Skilled big guys like him don't give UCONN trouble. Amida is long enough, athletic enough, and talented enough to hold his own. Brimah isn't some scrub he's a future NBA player himself. Hamilton is very talented and a a point forward who can do many things. He is a future NBA player himself. Boat will take the matchup against Tyus Jones and lock him down defensively and play off the ball and have a good night against Duke. Facey and Amile Jefferson are the same player, and Facey can more than hold his own against him.

We have enough talent to beat anybody. The keys to the game are Boat's defensive pressure on Jones in the halfcourt, running our offense through our bigs, Hamilton playing point forward and continuing to do what he does, and Boat playing off the ball on offense. Lastly, we need to play Duke tough at the three point line especially against Jones, Sulaimon(Samuels needs to be on him) and Cook.

Facey is not close to Jefferson. Jefferson is smarter, more experienced and tougher right now. If Kentan can somehow make this a close match up it will help but I am not betting on that one for now, KF has a ways to go. I agree Boat will make Jones work like he hasn't yet. Winslow and Ham is intriguing, we'll learn a lot about Daniel Thursday. Cook has been great this year and I never liked his game, his improvement has meant a lot. Some of this is because of Okafor and the inside-outside game too and the spacing they have which is tremendous. They're a very good team, maybe the best out there. Can we take them, of course, we're UConn and our kids will make it a street fight. But there is a better chance of us losing by 20 or more than winning I think. No matter, should be a good one for the future!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Huh? That's Jack Handey, not Phil Hartman.
Good catch. I was thinking it was Handey's material but Hartman's voice/performance, like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer was. But you're right--that's not Hartman's voice.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wow, I just saw this. You're something else. Kid's probably the #1 pick in the draft next year.

magic just doubling down on this one. maybe the drugs thing was projection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom