Duke taking it to Miami | The Boneyard

Duke taking it to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tried telling people Miami and Vtech were paper tigers when Miami was top ten and Tech was ranked 16th. Florida State is probably the best team in the country and I think Clemson is real good. The rest of the ACC looks like the Big East or the top of the American.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah no one else has the quadrangle of horrible. UConn, USF, Memphis and Temple. Just add a little Tulane and it's an evil pentagram.

Reaction Score
Oh, no question, the bottom of this league needs to hurry up to respectable levels. It is bad. The ACC though, did good to destroy the Big East as a bcs league, because they remain number 5 overall as a conference. Thought this was the year they may have nudged up to number 3 maybe behind the SEC and PAC, but they've reverted to what they always are, the 5th best BCS league in one of their good years. At times they were below the big east. They play entertaining ball though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The ACC might have two better teams than the Big 12 or Big 10 have. They have at least one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Clemson would swallow their own dicks against Baylor.

Maybe. They would bury everyone on Baylor's schedule though. Baylor's schedule is actually worse than Ohio State's.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Clemson's schedule will not be any tougher than Baylors'.

Clemson's in the ACC - a dreadful schedule is institutionalized as a result.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Clemson's schedule will not be any tougher than Baylors'.

Clemson's in the ACC - a dreadful schedule is institutionalized as a result.

Sure it will. It had Florida State. That alone makes it tougher.

Throw in Georgia and South Carolina and it's 53rd versus 96th in the Sagarins.

So unless 53 and 96 are the same...

Keep in mind UConn ranks 50th by this measure.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I meant to include something about Florida State, but getting dumptrucked that badly hardly inspires any sort of confidence in them.

It was a very Clemsony performance - stay in the locker room until the bad men leave.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I meant to include something about Florida State, but getting dumptrucked that badly hardly inspires any sort of confidence in them.

It was a very Clemsony performance - stay in the locker room until the bad men leave.

Well if I were 11-1 i'd gladly sign up for a Clemsony performance.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Sure it will. It had Florida State. That alone makes it tougher.

Throw in Georgia and South Carolina and it's 53rd versus 96th in the Sagarins.

So unless 53 and 96 are the same...

Keep in mind UConn ranks 50th by this measure.
Clemson went out of conference for those games. I agree Baylor played nobody, but Clemson had only one team to beat in the ACC and got stomped. BTW, WV got smoked by the fighting Weists today. Holy .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Clemson went out of conference for those games. I agree Baylor played nobody, but Clemson had only one team to beat in the ACC and got stomped. BTW, WV got smoked by the fighting Weists today. Holy .

If you are comparing Baylor to Clemson who cares why they played who they played. The conferences are pretty much the same.

At the end of the day both are going to have great records - Clemson is going to have a loss to Florida State. If they flipped schedules Clemson would be undefeated and Baylor would have a loss.

If Winston isn't arrested, Florida State is going to beat Alabama. And they will do it as a betting favorite.

Reaction Score
That was my point when I stated the acc wasnt tough weeks ago. FSU IMO is the best team in the country but they won't come close to getting tested in their conference as Alabama will and Oregon is or even Ohio state and Baylor.

I thought Clemson would put up a fight, they didnt and while I think FSU is hands down the best team in the country I think they wouldn't run roughshod over everybody in the other power leagues. Acc overall is the worst of the power leagues as always. FSU has amazing athletes every position. Most impressed with their lines and wide receivers. Should be illegal to stockpile talent like that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The computers say that FSU's schedule was better than Ohio State's and Baylor's. Not good by any stretch but better than theirs to date by a good amount.

The SEC and PAC 12 are way better than the other three - but there is almost no difference between the ACC, Big 10 and Big 12.

The BCS computers aren't allowed to consider margin of victory and FSU has a huge lead on Ohio State and Baylor. If they considered margin of victory the gap would be bigger.

Reaction Score
duke beating miami is not good for the acc, it would be like indiana beating mich st. this just goes to show how weak the acc really is right now.

and what the hell happened to wvu? kansas? you just cant lose to kansas when you're wvu.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Brian Kelly must be a mastermind.

How did Notre Dame beat Michigan State, USC and Arizona State?

How the hell did that putrid Michigan team beat Notre Dame?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
duke beating miami is not good for the acc, it would be like indiana beating mich st. this just goes to show how weak the acc really is right now.

No it really just shows that people want to look at names and decide who should win rather than watch games and see who can play.

Reaction Score
I look at the Big 10, and I see Michigan State and Wisconsin. In the Big 12, its a little tougher to identify a solid second, but I still see more depth with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and to a lesser extent Texas and Texas Tech.

I don't look at the computer stuff admittedly. Very early on watching Va Tech struggle against Marshall and some others, and watching how mediocre I think Stephen Morris is, I just saw no one threatening FSU, except maybe Clemson at home. Duke is a nice story, but nowhere the teams I listed from the other leagues.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I look at the Big 10, and I see Michigan State and Wisconsin. In the Big 12, its a little tougher to identify a solid second, but I still see more depth with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and to a lesser extent Texas and Texas Tech.

I don't look at the computer stuff admittedly. Very early on watching Va Tech struggle against Marshall and some others, and watching how mediocre I think Stephen Morris is, I just saw no one threatening FSU, except maybe Clemson at home. Duke is a nice story, but nowhere the teams I listed from the other leagues.

Watch Ohio State. They struggle with Buffalo for a reason. They have the same margin of victory over Cal as Colorado did for a reason. They give up 35 to Illinois for a reason. 0 and a million Northwestern had them beat for a reason.

Duke's name is Duke so no matter what they do it's discounted. Michigan's name is Michigan so no matter how horrible they are they get the benefit of the doubt.

Va Tech struggled against Marshall. They also played Alabama as tough as anyone but Texas A&M.

If you think you can parse all the games better than the computers... That is what upstater says during basketball season with 350 teams playing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Texas Tech is a perfect example. They get credit as depth? They have beat exactly no one this season.

They beat one bowl eligible team. Texas State. Who may have the ugliest 6 wins in college football history. Southern Miss, Prarie View, Wyoming , Idaho, Georgia State and South Alabama. The teams they beat are like 5-50 against FBS teams besides each other this year.

Reaction Score
Brian Kelly must be a mastermind.

How did Notre Dame beat Michigan State, USC and Arizona State?

How the hell did that putrid Michigan team beat Notre Dame?

They beat Michigan State due in large part to some shoddy officiating. There were at least a couple of woefully bad pass interference calls on MSU in that game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Today on the Boneyard, I learned that the ACC was a powerhouse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Today on the Boneyard, I learned that the ACC was a powerhouse.

Actually you twisted the argument that the ACC is about the same as the Big 10 and Big 12 into the ACC is a powerhouse.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nope.

You planted that flag in the ground and decided that you'd die on the hill defending it.

I don't even recall having mentioned the Big 10 - I must be getting old.

Anywho, thanks for educating us all on the folly of believing our eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom