Duke taking it to Miami | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke taking it to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think I can parse games better than the computers. I just watch games. My eyes tell me that the ACC is the weakest of the five conferences. It's subjective I know, I don't claim to be an expert, I watch a lot of college football like I know you do. Aside from FSU and to a lesser extent Clemson, I haven't been impressed by anyone in the ACC this year. Duke reminds of me of our 2007, team. They will get smoked, like we did against WVU, when they play a legit team. If they play FSU in the CCG, I expect them to get as thoroughly thumped as we did in 2007. I haven't watched much Ohio State. I did some against Buffalo and Northwestern. Their offense looks really legit when I saw them with two outstanding qbs. Michigan State has impressed me the most in the Big that I've seen, and Wisconsin hasn't missed a beat with a new coach.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nope.

You planted that flag in the ground and decided that you'd die on the hill defending it.

I don't even recall having mentioned the Big 10 - I must be getting old.

Anywho, thanks for educating us all on the folly of believing our eyes.

Yeah all those pesky kids and their computers who say Clemson's schedule is tougher than Baylor's and Ohio State's.

Lord knows your eyes can watch 125 FBS teams every week. You can easily use your biased 1% of the data to come to better conclusions than a computer ever could.

The ACC, Big 10 and Big 12 play at the same level in 2013. If you played a hex with the two best teams in the three leagues the ACC would have the best record.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think I can parse games better than the computers. I just watch games. My eyes tell me that the ACC is the weakest of the five conferences. It's subjective I know, I don't claim to be an expert, I watch a lot of college football like I know you do. Aside from FSU and to a lesser extent Clemson, I haven't been impressed by anyone in the ACC this year. Duke reminds of me of our 2007, team. They will get smoked, like we did against WVU, when they play a legit team. If they play FSU in the CCG, I expect them to get as thoroughly thumped as we did in 2007. I haven't watched much Ohio State. I did some against Buffalo and Northwestern. Their offense looks really legit when I saw them with two outstanding qbs. Michigan State has impressed me the most in the Big that I've seen, and Wisconsin hasn't missed a beat with a new coach.

You named 3 good teams. There are also average teams and bad teams. The Big 12 has Baylor and Ok State.. and average teams and bad teams. The ACC has FSU and Clemson and average teams and bad teams.

How are these leagues not the same? Is there some idiotic argument that Texas Tech and Iowa are better than Pitt and Maryland? Kansas and Purdue are better than NC State?

Do you really think there is some difference between TCU, Wake and Indiana?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is about as good an ACC as I have ever seen, and it is still very mediocre. It will be interesting to see how the year end rivalry games (Georgia/GTech, Clemson/SC, FSU/Florida, Wake/Vandy) go. I think the ACC will win 3. It is a good thing for Bama that Oregon gagged, because Oregon's SOS should be significantly better than Bama's by year end.

Reaction Score
Texas Tech is a perfect example. They get credit as depth? They have beat exactly no one this season.

They beat one bowl eligible team. Texas State. Who may have the ugliest 6 wins in college football history. Southern Miss, Prarie View, Wyoming , Idaho, Georgia State and South Alabama. The teams they beat are like 5-50 against FBS teams besides each other this year.

Actually, we have beat exactly no one. Wonder how we would have done against that schedule.

Reaction Score
Football is a funny game to play the transitional wins game in...

Virginia is horrible...yet they beat BYU who pushed Texas off of the field.

Clemson was clobbered at home by the Noles yet beat an uninjured Georgia early, the same Georgia, with injuries, that came within a miracle in the last 28 seconds of beating a ranked and respected Auburn last night.

All I know for sure is that FSU may be the strongest team in the country on all sides of the ball, offense, defense, and special teams.

They, again, didn't play their starters at all in the second half, offense or defense...and won for the second week in a row by a score of 59-3. The last team, nationally, to win consecutive games scoring at least 59 points while allowing only 3 or less was FSU in 1988.

It will be interesting to see who the match up will be with in the bowl...I think, that no matter the match up, that the Noles have a good chance of extending their nation leading consecutive year bowl win streak...current wins over WVU, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Notre Dame, and NIU.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Actually, we have beat exactly no one. Wonder how we would have done against that schedule.
Hell, I'd be thrilled if we had a win against Tommy's Holiday Camp, even if Keith Moon was their head coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate