Duke @ South Carolina - 12/03/17 | The Boneyard

Duke @ South Carolina - 12/03/17

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I don't think anyone can effectively match up with A'ja, but I think Duke has the advantage at some other positions and could pull an upset. I'll go out on a limb and predict they win a close game separated by 5 points or less.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone can effectively match up with A'ja, but I think Duke has the advantage at some other positions and could pull an upset. I'll go out on a limb and predict they win a close game separated by 5 points or less.
Who is THEY?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
You're expecting/asking us to watch Women's BB instead of ESPN's four hour show on the College Football Playoffs!. Isn't it more exciting/compelling to watch ESPN Pundits discuss if Ohio St or Alabama's Football team should be in the playoffs for hours? :) If not, on ESPN2, a one hour show on Fantasy Football might be more exciting, followed up by a repeat on an E-60 Show. No reason that this Game isn't on ESPN2, instead of the SEC Network, which many Cable Providers don't carry.

I'll be watching So Carolina vs Duke and at 1PM be flipping channels to either NFL RedZone or actual NFL Game coverage depending on which game is televised in my area.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't think SC makes it to the final 4 this year and don't think they are one of the top 5 teams in the nation. Having said that, I don't think Duke is quite a top 10 team so I predict SC will win. Probably by 8-10. Rooting for Duke tho...

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Duke has played pretty well vs South Carolina the past few years all the games have been competitive. Duke lost by 1 point in 2014 (I believe on a last second shot by Wilson). They lost by 11 in 2015. Duke won by 11 in 2016. I did a full write up on last years game because it was just one of the weirdest games I have ever seen. I expect this one to be a good game too. I unfortunately cannot watch as I committed to attempting to smoke wings for the first time in a smoker and entertain company like a moron. I trust you friends will keep me updated.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More difficult to focus on since I will share viewing time with the Women's College Soccer NC game on ESPNU

Reaction Score
Redshirt senior guard Lindsey Spann will “probably” not play due to a sprained knee when No. 5 South Carolina women’s basketball faces No. 14 Duke on Sunday, coach Dawn Staley said Thursday night.

“Lindsey’s probably out,” Staley said after the Gamecocks (6-1) beat Western Carolina on Thursday. “Just not enough days to rehab that knee.”

USC announced Spann’s injury just before Thursday’s game. She joined senior guard Bianca Cuevas-Moore on the injured list, leaving the Gamecocks with just nine healthy available players and only four at the guard position. Before Thursday, Spann was second on the team in points and assists per game and led the SEC in 3-point percentage.

Cuevas-Moore has yet to play this regular season as she works her way back from a sprained knee as well. Before the Gamecocks played in the Gulf Coast Showcase over Thanksgiving weekend, Staley said she hoped to get Cuevas-Moore a few minutes in the tournament. That never happened.

South Carolina should only get better later in the year (especially if the Cooper mid-season transfer comes through), but they could be vulnerable in this game depending on how Duke responds playing in front an enthusiastic but hostile crowd.

Reaction Score
18-13 SC end of Q1

Wilson with 6 pts and 3 reb

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, nice move with the *right* hand by Wilson to end the first half.

Reaction Score
38-27 SC at the half

Wilson 13 pts, 3 reb

Brown 11 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Debbie Antonelli (sp) is certainly in love with SC and A'ja... but I guess it makes sense seeing how she lives in SC.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wilson and Jennings just have dominated this game. Combining for about 40 pts and 20 rebs.

Reaction Score
I guess people fail to realize that SC played without 3 guards and played with just 9 players. Sure it wasn't your typical smooth UCONN offensive onslaught but I thought this was a big win for SC. Bianca Jackson is just a freshman but she is going to be a star. Once we get Cuevas-Moore and Spann healthy along with Cooper eligible this team will be hard to beat.

Reaction Score
I guess people fail to realize that SC played without 3 guards and played with just 9 players. Sure it wasn't your typical smooth UCONN offensive onslaught but I thought this was a big win for SC. Bianca Jackson is just a freshman but she is going to be a star. Once we get Cuevas-Moore and Spann healthy along with Cooper eligible this team will be hard to beat.
Looking forward to playing you guys in February!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice win by SC. I really thought Duke would have more success clogging the lane with their zone. I guess #lessonlearned...!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom