Duke Post Game Shred | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Duke Post Game Shred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is amazing how programs that spend far less can put a better product out there.

If we had any decent reporters they would go interview some former coaches anonymously even and let us look under the hood.
That would be awesome.

I think there are ways to tackle the talent situation (ex. Loosen academic standards, pay a quarterback $2,000,000 in NIL to transfer here) I just don’t think it’s going to happen here.

Reaction Score
That would be awesome.

I think there are ways to tackle the talent situation (ex. Loosen academic standards, pay a quarterback $2,000,000 in NIL to transfer here) I just don’t think it’s going to happen here.

Loosen and let our coaches have a bigger pool to draw from.

But we can’t even get our band to a home game. I have no confidence that anything will get done.

Reaction Score
I do. Thumbs down.

Not every loss is an excuse to downgrade the program.

In the adult world we take a long term view.
You’re right - a loss doesn’t mean anything. A decade of being embarrassed in almost every game we play does mean something though. Eventually it adds up and pretending it doesn’t is idiotic.

Reaction Score
You’re right - a loss doesn’t mean anything. A decade of being embarrassed in almost every game we play does mean something though. Eventually it adds up and pretending it doesn’t is idiotic.

I’ve got news for you. This isn’t the last bad season we will have in this process.

The school and the Governor are pretty committed to this. So changing that stance doesn’t appear likely.

First we do something which appears dumb in the eyes of the college football world. We voluntarily became Independent.

While this was grossly misinterpreted it gives us a not serious look. Strike One.

Then while other schools are threatening all sorts of things when Conferences and schools tried to cancel the season during Covid. OUR PLAYERS and COACH willingly took the season off. Strike Two.

Now you fans/imbeciles want to bleat about canceling the program because we’re off to a very bad start. Are you actually trying to kill the program? Just let it go.

Let Mora have time and space fix the guts and foundation of this program. I think that Mora is going to get a better Offensive Coordinator. He’s just not going lambast his guy in public

Last year was a nice surprise and it was fun. And it will be fun again but maybe not this season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Playing at Rentschler is the least of the program’s problems right now... Give it a rest.
I'm a pretty consistent critic of the CDRA and the really bad lease deal on we have to play off campus and I still agree with that statement. Job one is fixing to utter dreck that are on the field product is right now. Worrying about having an off-campus stadium isn't even close to the top of the list of things we need to do to fix that.

Reaction Score
I’ve got news for you. This isn’t the last bad season we will have in this process.

The school and the Governor are pretty committed to this. So changing that stance doesn’t appear likely.

First we do something which appears dumb in the eyes of the college football world. We voluntarily became Independent.

While this was grossly misinterpreted it gives us a not serious look. Strike One.

Then while other schools are threatening all sorts of things when Conferences and schools tried to cancel the season during Covid. OUR PLAYERS and COACH willingly took the season off. Strike Two.

Now you fans/imbeciles want to bleat about canceling the program because we’re off to a very bad start. Are you actually trying to kill the program? Just let it go.

Let Mora have time and space fix the guts and foundation of this program. I think that Mora is going to get a better Offensive Coordinator. He’s just not going lambast his guy in public

Last year was a nice surprise and it was fun. And it will be fun again but maybe not this season.
This. Last year was something of a surprise, but you saw the potential on Opening Day this year. 36,000 and lots of excitement. Unfortunately it all went out the door after losing to Georgia State the way we did.

Reaction Score
UCLA and Miami are the only two programs of significance that play as far off campus as we do. This list of all schools that play off campus is from 2018, but it's highlights just how bad our situation is relative to the rest of college football. As of then, UConn plays the farthest from campus of anyone in FBS.

In both of UCLA and Miami's cases, their attendance continues to be bad! They are not justification for us playing in East Harford, they're the opposite! At least in the case of UCLA, they have the excuse of having the world's worst group of NIMBYs (Beverly Hills residents!) who have a say in the traffic affects of a stadium in Westwood.

It's sad the level of delusion that exists among some in this fanbase who believe playing in East Hartford does not negatively affect the program. It does, it always will. It is not a strength. Just because it worked in years past doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's one of the reasons the perception of our program is that of a minor league baseball team. The sooner some of you wrap your head around that, the better.
That doesn't change that you aren't getting an on campus stadium any time soon. I would agree that an on-campus stadium would be preferable. That being said a lot would have to change at the state level and isn't something the university can just will into existence.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The sick ones don’t go. Have a half a band, or get alums to come in and play the fight song .
Agreed, which, upon reflection, makes me wonder if that was legitimately the basis for the issue.

Reaction Score
That doesn't change that you aren't getting an on campus stadium any time soon. I would agree that an on-campus stadium would be preferable. That being said a lot would have to change at the state level and isn't something the university can just will into existence.

If we had an on campus stadium would the band bother showing up on a rainy day?

Reaction Score

To be clear - I want this program to succeed more than anything. But we’re allowed to critique and question the viability as we continue to put forth literally zero effort on the field. This school and all of us deserve better than what we have now. The administration needs to do SOMETHING because continuing down this road is not an option.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a lot of BY posters already writing off this season and looking towards next year- That just won't work for building anything.
I think the University needs to create some type of interest with state residents, alums, future students etc...using social media, billboards, community engagement etc

Leverage academic and basketball success

Reaction Score
To be clear - I want this program to succeed more than anything. But we’re allowed to critique and question the viability as we continue to put forth literally zero effort on the field. This school and all of us deserve better than what we have now. The administration needs to do SOMETHING because continuing down this road is not an option.

They did.

Sometimes progress doesn’t go in a straight line. I’m pretty sure some coaches will be relieved at the end of the year. We need a new direction on offense.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a lot of BY posters already writing off this season and looking towards next year- That just won't work for building anything.
I think the University needs to create some type of interest with state residents, alums, future students etc...using social media, billboards, community engagement etc

I didn’t expect to beat NC State and Duke. Losing so badly to Georgia State and then FIU at home was numbing. Particularly since we beat FIU last year and they basically borrow equipment from another school.

Reaction Score
They did.

Sometimes progress doesn’t go in a straight line. I’m pretty sure some coaches will be relieved at the end of the year. We need a new direction on offense.
I hope you are right.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Viability is proven. They had 30k tixs out for yesterday. 35k in opener. Team is viable.

They just gotta recruit better.

Reaction Score

We're doing that now.
We're just a frustrated bunch as fans. Venting is going on right now. If we go by some folks comments that make you write what you wrote above, then you're missing the boat.... it is tough sledding right now though

Reaction Score
You don’t know what you’re talking about go back to driving an ambulance.
Where's this funding coming from? Gampel is showing its age and the XL has been at end of life for a while now. The State is paying for all three?

Reaction Score
Charlton's salary seems to be going up here with each inept offensive showing.

I'm a pretty consistent critic of the CDRA and the really bad lease deal on we have to play off campus and I still agree with that statement. Job one is fixing to utter dreck that are on the field product is right now. Worrying about having an off-campus stadium isn't even close to the top of the list of things we need to do to fix that.
Exactly. Any posts focusing on the Rent being off campus as a big reason for UConn's lackluster football miss the target by a 10000 miles. It's like complaining about the parsley on a steak entre from Ruth Chris when they put a dirty mouse on your plate.

Reaction Score
let
Where's this funding coming from? Gampel is showing its age and the XL has been at end of life for a while now. The State is paying for all three?
Forget the XL, tear it down, I doubt if the Whalers are coming back. Lol. Didn’t Gampel get a new $10 million dollar roof recently, and that’s not including the brand new court installation. Gampel is fine.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Viability is proven. They had 30k tixs out for yesterday. 35k in opener. Team is viable.

They just gotta recruit better.

If we can ever put a competitive and entertaining product on the field again, the place will be basically full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom