Duke-ND thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke-ND thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is absolutely no guarantee that Duke only finishes with losses to ND.

Your question said ”if duke finishes with 4 losses..."
2 losses to nd+ ACC tourney loss = all other games are wins

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed for E Williams. I can only imagine how she feels. She should have been able to destroy ND's post players. Achonwa showed her up BIGTIME

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Duke is, for whatever reason, not in the same realm as ND and UConn. Duke is very soft in the post, and guards cannot get it in the bucket. Too many wild "thread the needle" passes against a team that defends passing lanes rather well.

Announcers now have started jabbering about Schimmel and Louisville. "They are not afraid of UConn." Yadda yadda yadda...

Reaction Score
Yeah, and if it wasn't raining, the sun might be shining. But it is raining !

Reaction Score
So the new rankings assuming Stanford beats Cal will likely be:

1. UConn
2. Notre Dame
3. Stanford
4. Louisville
5. Duke

And I agree with that completely. I think that's the correct order from strongest to weakest.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
Ditto on Williams......
Does the coaching staff not know what to do with her?
Definitely she should be more of a factor in this game....even as a shot blocker

Reaction Score
This is one of the biggest mystryries of WBB with what happened to E. Willams. How is that even possible for such a talented player to have so little skills her J. year

Reaction Score
Well that was not interesting. Now for Stanford and California

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I don't see Duke as a Final Four team. At least not with what they have shown against us and ND. They can't play 40 minutes of focused basketball.

Williams disappeared completely. Achonwa is a very good post player. Not to be underestimated.

I see Duke dropping to 4 or 5 in the rankings.

Reaction Score
I don't see Duke as a Final Four team. At least not with what they have shown against us and ND. They can't play 40 minutes of focused basketball.

Williams disappeared completely. Achonwa is a very good post player. Not to be underestimated.

I see Duke dropping to 4 or 5 in the rankings.

Depends if the committee messes around with brackets based on their BS geography preference. If Duke does get a 1 seed they are clearly a weaker team than UConn and Notre Dame and I bet Stanford would beat them good too. Duke would clearly deserve to go to Louisville to play them as a 1 seed. But if the committee falls on their geography BS and sends UConn to Louisville Duke would get a more manageable path to the Final 4.

Reaction Score
Duke is, for whatever reason, not in the same realm as ND and UConn. Duke is very soft in the post, and guards cannot get it in the bucket. Too many wild "thread the needle" passes against a team that defends passing lanes rather well.

Announcers now have started jabbering about Schimmel and Louisville. "They are not afraid of UConn." Yadda yadda yadda...
Yep, same old baloney. First, they make it sound like everyone loses to huskies because they play scared. Then the next team won' t be afraid. The fact of the matter is if you play someone enough times, and you have talent, eventually you will win some.

Reaction Score
Just can't understand how Duke post players can miss sooo many little layups. Every team has their days but this was hard to watch.

Reaction Score
So the new rankings assuming Stanford beats Cal will likely be:

1. UConn
2. Notre Dame
3. Stanford
4. Louisville
5. Duke

And I agree with that completely. I think that's the correct order from strongest to weakest.
Agree

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Same old Duke. No 'system' in the half court. Players just standing around and looking to go one-on-one as the shot clock winds down.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
UNC in deep doo-doo against Miami.

Reaction Score
ND is a great team with disiplined talented players which is clearly very well coached. I do think that if UConn is playing it's A game and doesn't have foul trouble, it should win comfortably against ND.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
ND is a great team with disiplined talented players which is clearly very well coached. I do think that if UConn is playing it's A game and doesn't have foul trouble, it should win comfortably against ND.
I agree UConn would win but I'm not sure about the 'comfortably' part.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

ND runs much the same offense as we do. And they do it well. They have more than one scorer which most teams can't defense.

I am still amazed that more coaches do not learn the "motion offense" and start to recruit players to make it work.

I to think if the final is Uconn/ ND, we can win.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
T
No way.

Louisville has just 2 quality wins -- LSU and Oklahoma.
Duke has beaten Cal, Purdue, Oklahoma, Kentucky. And if it beats everyone besides ND, it will also have wins over nc st, unc, unc, and md.

Not even close.

They could lose a few (or more) of those games

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Williams went to Duke because they had a great medical program. Duke does not play great defense. That's why imo opinion they have had some struggles this season. LVille could give them a good game. With the ACC beating up on each other I think UConn ND and Stanford will be top 3. LVille will lose to 3 more games to UConn and Duke most likely will lose 2 more games to ND. So the final number 1 seed could be who???

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Williams went to Duke because they had a great medical program. Duke does not play great defense. That's why imo opinion they have had some struggles this season. LVille could give them a good game. With the ACC beating up on each other I think UConn ND and Stanford will be top 3. LVille will lose to 3 more games to UConn and Duke most likely will lose 2 more games to ND. So the final number 1 seed could be who???
Baylor!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01