Duke Is Undefeated!!! | The Boneyard

Duke Is Undefeated!!!

Reaction Score
Dook is so rear view mirror for me, I can't even see their colors. Them losing no longer affects me like years past.

But that's just me.
It took a while, but I got over my Duke hatred (and mild obsession) in my mid 30s.

Reaction Score
To paraphrase Clemenza: Leave the obsession, take the hate.
When did he say that? When he was making the sauce or prepping the gun for Michael. Or some other moment...

Reaction Score
We basically own them head to head. During JCs tenure he built a better program and beat the guy they’re going to throw parades for all year. F them still can’t stand the Blue Devils, can’t lose enough his last year. Great great coach but not as good as ours, still the promotions this year will be vomit worthy. And the calls that he already gets will double, it will be painful to watch.

Again, F them!!!!

Reaction Score
We basically own them head to head. During JCs tenure he built a better program and beat the guy they’re going to throw parades for all year. F them still can’t stand the Blue Devils, can’t lose enough his last year. Great great coach but not as good as ours, still the promotions this year will be vomit worthy. And the calls that he already gets will double, it will be painful to watch.

Again, F them!!!!

Here Mau you can fell better now. LOL!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
My hatred for Duke will never die. That is the 15 year old in me in March 1990 that wanted to strangle Laetner after he ended our season. I guess some grudges never die.
We are kindred spirits. I was a little younger but that one single moment did it for me.

Laettner’s probably one of the best college players of all time and I respect his game, but that shot was a dagger through my heart at the time.

Post/handle

Reaction Score
I was at UConn at the time. What a two game sequence. The Thursday night game with Tate hitting the buzzer beater that electrified the campus compared with 2 days later the air just rushed out of the balloon after that shot. As we all recall Tate had an easy steal bounce off his hands just prior. As soon as that happened I had the sense we would lose. Still get sick to my stomach thinking about it.

Reaction Score
With the talent he had year in and year out, I always thought Coach K should’ve won more Final Fours and Championships.
You mean talent they had and continue to have. Imagine if we had the number of top ten studs to work with year in and out. We wouldn’t have had those lost years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We are kindred spirits. I was a little younger but that one single moment did it for me.

Laettner’s probably one of the best college players of all time and I respect his game, but that shot was a dagger through my heart at the time.

Post/handle
Laettner was an asshat, disliked by opponents and his teammates alike.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom