Duke is getting ANNIHILATED | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke is getting ANNIHILATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Only big name school I've seen so far that looks really good is Gonzaga.
Suggs is by far the best freshman (and player) I've seen play so far. Haven't seen Cunningham or Mobley in action yet, but Suggs is way better than anyone on Duke or UK.

Reaction Score
Lol no. Sorry. You can’t leave out a school with 4 championships and just bc of 4 down years.
I agree with you, but the majority of national media sentiment of college basketball is generally very Johnny come lately. Gonzaga and Nova probably wouldn’t have made that list 5 years ago. Announcers/analysts in college ball suffer from a lot of recency bias, and the rhetoric around it is cyclical - that’s moreso my comment, I don’t put much stock in what they say because it changes so frequently

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas leaving us out of the tier B blueblood class. Says MSU, Gonzaga and Villa.

Jay Bilas is cooked. He was very good until ESPN made him the man, gave him a bigger contract now he’s a puppet. Hardly questions calls like he did when he first arrived, kisses the same program butts that ESPN always does, he’s now just another mouthpiece I’m afraid. Too bad liked him!

Reaction Score
Lol no. Sorry. You can’t leave out a school with 4 championships and just bc of 4 down years.

I actually really like Jay. He’s also usually pretty supportive of UConn MBB and our past championships. I’m not mad he left UConn out or forgot us this time. Gotta earn that respect back after 4-5 meh years. I think we’ll be back in the blue blood conversation fairly soon.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, but the majority of national media sentiment of college basketball is generally very Johnny come lately. Gonzaga and Nova probably wouldn’t have made that list 5 years ago. Announcers/analysts in college ball suffer from a lot of recency bias, and the rhetoric around it is cyclical - that’s moreso my comment, I don’t put much stock in what they say because it changes so frequently
I'd agree about the recency bias. UConn hasn't been very good the last few years and that takes away some of the luster of the years before it. It was only 6 years ago when Bilas said, "The question isn't whether UConn belongs with the elites. But over the past 20 years whether the rest of the college basketball elite belongs with UConn." So if UConn gets back to being elite they'll be in that conversation again.

Reaction Score
I feel pretty good about UConn's three point shooting after watching MSU-Duke and Kansas-Kentucky.

MSU: 5-20, 25%
Duke: 5-23, 21.7%

Updated for full game:
Kansas: 5-21, 23.8%
Kentucky: 3-21, 14.3%

Woof.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I feel pretty good about UConn's three point shooting after watching MSU-Duke and Kansas-Kentucky.

MSU: 5-20, 25%
Duke: 5-23, 21.7%

7:48 left in the game:
Kansas: 2-15, 13.3%
Kentucky: 1-14, 7.1%

Woof.

I feel as though Kentucky never shoots well from 3. The only year I think they did was when they had Booker. Every other year they rely on athleticism

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas is cooked. He was very good until ESPN made him the man, gave him a bigger contract now he’s a puppet. Hardly questions calls like he did when he first arrived, kisses the same program butts that ESPN always does, he’s now just another mouthpiece I’m afraid. Too bad liked him!
Totally agree. He’s almost become a mini Vitale in the way he shills for ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104