Duke- Game thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Duke- Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kelly just made another AA candidate disappear while going 18 and 12...that's quite a magic act...

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
And the great Chelsea Gray finishes with 2 pts. & 4 to's. Are you kidding me?
And the two points came on the steal of Brianna's cross court pass for the easy layup.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If this nationally televised game doesn't result in Kelly getting at least one AA honor something is wrong in Denmark.
And no one can convince me that she isn't national defensive player of the year, Griner or no Griner.

Jim

Reaction Score
You realize UConn will never be invited to the ACC until we stop embarrassing the best the ACC has to offer. You gotta be a BC to get in the ACC.

Reaction Score
There is zero chance ND will put together a game like Duke. ND isn't scared, they won't quit, better coach, and nothing passive about them. Duke is big on reputation, small in results. UConn can surely beat ND, but not like this.

Nobody expects ND to fold their tent...we'll have to beat them for 40 minutes...

Reaction Score
Nah, just Duke plays a clean game.

Life is easier when someone is afraid and runs away isn't? Que Geno's fight analogy. You've been on this dirty kick for awhile and it's silly.

Reaction Score
This game was like the 1973 Belmont Stakes. Close for the first half of the contest then UConn performed like a TREMENDOUS MACHINE! In the end UConn's margin of victory was only 30 so I guess Secretariat was a tad better.

Reaction Score
very impressive win, but gotta ask ,what's with the starters in with less than 3 to go, and kiah, morgan and moriah playing 2 minutes in the 2nd half ? i think auriemma rubbed it in a bit . don't expect anyone else to be bothered by it, but that stuff just drives me crazy . McCallie blew by geno , and can't blame her.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Life is easier when someone is afraid and runs away isn't? Que Geno's fight analogy. You've been on this dirty kick for awhile and it's silly.
Not at all. It is easier when a game is called equally at both ends of the court. Something every team in America wants when they play ND.

Reaction Score
Kelly was just amazing. She was Possessed and I can imagine players from other team watching this game already have nightmares of seeing Kelly gearing to guard them. What more a player need to do to be the leader for defensive player of the year???

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We heard an awful lot of Ms Joanne P. during the game.
Wonder what she had to say after the game?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
very impressive win, but gotta ask ,what's with the starters in with less than 3 to go, and kiah, morgan and moriah playing 2 minutes in the 2nd half ? i think auriemma rubbed it in a bit . don't expect anyone else to be bothered by it, but that stuff just drives me crazy . McCallie blew by geno , and can't blame her.
I think he is managing both Kiah and Morgan re their injuries so limiting the minutes they play. That cuts down on the bench significantly. And with SD being so limited with fouls he wanted to give her a last run. As for KF - I think she got put back in because he was enjoying her play so much and also wanted to give her a second ovation at the end.
As for the handshake line - people sure do read a lot of stuff into a two second interaction at the end of games. I didn't see anything there, and seldom do.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Awesome performance by the ladies! Stifling D, a much stronger second half, and Kelly Faris has the heart of a lion. Add in a Geno chest bump, and we had a great night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom