Duke fans hate UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Duke fans hate UConn

pj

Reaction Score
How can it be a man cave if the wife and her junk is there

Maybe he likes his wife. A man-cave should be adorned with all a man's likes. But the wife and the mistress should never be there at the same time.

Reaction Score
I'm married to a Dookie, and we used to attend Duke alumni wine tasting parties here in Conn, usually pre-Christmas, where we'd watch a Saturday afternoon Duke game on TV. Wildly rabid fans all, but as someone here said, clueless on college basketball generally and, far from hating UConn, totally uninterested in UConn. I concluded that feigned indifference was revenge, Duke-style. Still remember sitting in the Duke rooting section at MSG when they were upset by St. John's. "We'll get 'em next time," I said, choking back utter delight.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My wife is a tried and true Duke fan.. She used to work ABCD camp when she was an athletic trainer, met tons of players.. Also met Coach K and sat with his wife for a good hour while he was watching players. Down in the mancave she has a giant picture of her and Wojo.

I've balanced out the cave with plenty of UConn memorabilia, signed basketball from the 2014 team and numerous plaques from other years.

The past several winters have been a bitter pill to swallow, obviously Duke has flirted with championships while (before this year) we circled the bowl. So every Saturday night we were watching Duke battle whatever marquee opponent they were scheduled with.

Sidenote, she's basically had enough of the 1 and done so the hasn't really enjoyed the past few Duke teams BUT... She looooooooved UConn this year and thoroughly loved our return to relevance. Looking forward to games that matter, I hope we see games before January this year.
This reminds me of friends in Stamford. Husband is the biggest redsox fan I've ever met. He went to a big game that they won when he was a little kid, and he happened to be wearing mismatched socks. To my knowledge, he's never worn matching socks a single day since. His wife sports a yankees tattoo.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom