Duke extends Joanne P. McCallie's contract | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke extends Joanne P. McCallie's contract

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Maybe because of Triad, I want to root for Duke and am happy to have seen JPM rehabilitate her behavior this past year after the debacle of the year before that probably should have gotten her fired. Despite her hypocrisy on Z enrolling at UConn while taking in Lexi, I do hope she keeps a respectful demeanor and an ownership of her helm, not throwing players under her wheels. That said all programs come and go, some erode gradually while others can drop off precipitously. See ODU, LaTech, USC (Cal), Rutgers, and dare I say it-Tenn. The realities are Duke will probably not be back at that elite level they had under Gail. Heck Gail imploded at Texas,so it's not like it is just plug and play. It's hard to stay on top. ND and UConn will have similar challenges in the not too distant future when Muffet and Geno ride off in the sunset. As Vowel pointed out, finishing the contract is the real question.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Note sent to Kevin White Duke AD tilted Fake News.

Not limited to CNN or others your glowing reference to coach Ps record omitted and
completely distorted what she has done to our program. There are very few fans
with any respect for her or her coaching.

One of many bewildered fans that loved our team

Reaction Score
Never has any coach on any level managed to accomplish less with such elite raw materials. Talented kids, understandably, wish to attend the institution...it is in every way the real deal. But playing for McCallie is gonna get them nowhere. I call it The Elizabeth Williams Syndrome!

Reaction Score
latest

I have been a rabid UCONN fan for a long time, but I recognize that a school might value some things above winning. That might be the case here and I will not second guess their decision. We are just fortunate to "have it all" in our package of coaches. A once in a lifetime occurrence.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Part of the drop in Duke's ACC and overall record is that the conference voted to allow former Big East teams, most notably Notre Dame, to enter. Though I dislike the Irish, they are at least as talented as Duke, tougher, and better coached.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Part of the drop in Duke's ACC and overall record is that the conference voted to allow former Big East teams, most notably Notre Dame, to enter. Though I dislike the Irish, they are at least as talented as Duke, tougher, and better coached.
But that's the point. Duke's basketball pedigree and academic excellence is at least the equal of ND, if not superior, so the fact that Coach McCallie's program lags far behind the Irish has to be a major disappointment to the faithful fans in Durham.

Reaction Score
But that's the point. Duke's basketball pedigree and academic excellence is at least the equal of ND, if not superior, so the fact that Coach McCallie's program lags far behind the Irish has to be a major disappointment to the faithful fans in Durham.
All twelve of them?

When Duke was playing in the 2017 NCAA tournament, it barely registered (if at all) on the Duke WCBB board. My question is an accurate estimate of faithful fans in Durham.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
All twelve of them?

When Duke was playing in the 2017 NCAA tournament, it barely registered (if at all) on the Duke WCBB board. My question is an accurate estimate of faithful fans in Durham.
That was cruel...but really funny :D

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
All twelve of them?

I am petejones on the Duke board we have about two to three hundred
hits a day on the old Scout board but unlike here very few post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom