Duke Basketball Report, on UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke Basketball Report, on UConn

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Perhaps but please keep in mind that Duke scrapped their entire season last year due to Covid. IMO, that makes for a lot of extra ground to make up.
If the roster was pretty similar, I'd say I agreed with this statement. However, because Kara mostly cleaned house and worked the transfer portal in her extended off-season, I'd say that taking off last season has very little to do with their ups and downs this year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes and that’s another “chink” in her armor as other less talented teams sucked it up and played including the Golden Domers who clearly benefited by doing so.
Kara may end up being a really good coach but no one can point to any evidence right now to demonstrate that.
The team voted to forego the season. I also have no idea what her manner of dealing with a pandemic has to do with her coaching ability

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would add Kellie Jolly Harper to that list.
Semeka Randall, too. Svet sat with her and Catch while on a plane to some awards ceremony and afterwards talked about how nice they were and how complimentary they were about Svet and UConn

Both “Meeks” would have looked great in Husky blue ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Semeka Randall, too. Svet sat with her and Catch while on a plane to some awards ceremony and talked about how nice they were and how complimentary they were about Svet and UConn

In Randall‘s case would that be Husky “Boo”?

Reaction Score
More proof of this young woman, whom I once disliked intensely, is superior in decency, ethic, and never forgotten what Geno has done for her. I'm beginning to like former Tennessee players, A very class act.
What exactly did Geno do for her?

Reaction Score
What exactly did Geno do for her?
She was with him one a couple of Olympic teams , she came away with glowing reports of his coaching her, by her. I'm sure there is more but with a skipping mind , well you know.
Semeka Randall, too. Svet sat with her and Catch while on a plane to some awards ceremony and talked about how nice they were and how complimentary they were about Svet and UConn

Geno as an olympic coach had a soft place in his heart for Catching. Boo, I'm not so sure.

Reaction Score
More proof of this young woman, whom I once disliked intensely, is superior in decency, ethic, and never forgotten what Geno has done for her. I'm beginning to like former Tennessee players, A very class act.
I think, at this point, we should move virtually all of the former and current Tennessee players and Pat closer to the “very class act” category. I came on board the Boneyard during and because of the Maya incident. It was logical to be infuriated by it; and I certainly was, along with all of you.

But now I realize that incident was clearly caused by the early onset of Pat’s Alzheimer’s Disease. As I learn more about Pat’s positive actions prior to that time and all the positive comments by people like Kara and Kellie Harper, I realize that terrible disease caused huge misalignment of intentions and attitudes and some real pain for some boneyarders. I’m sorry you had to feel that pain and ask that you now place the blame on the disease rather than the diseased person. Can we move to a completely positive, respectful, competitive relationship with Tennessee worthy of the more distant legacy that we can look back on with fondness?

Reaction Score

I remember reading that article in the Courant. When visiting Knoxville a while later I purchased an orange “Tennessee” T-shirt and walked around the corner to Thompson-Bolling arena to the Womens Basketball Office to see if Pat would sign it. Unfortunately the team was in Europe at the time (it was July/Aug.) but I was told Pat would be more than happy to do it when they returned. When asked for my address to be sent to me, I quickly told that story about how great the Lady Vol players were to Svet, for fear they would throw me out of the office, being from Connecticut and all. Well they were gratified to hear it and refused to let me pay for the shipping on top of all that. A few weeks later the shirt arrived, signed by Pat with a shout out to my wife, as I requested. Until she went downhill due to the progression of her disease, Pat belonged at the top of the aforementioned “classy” list.

Reaction Score
I remember reading that article in the Courant. When visiting Knoxville a while later I purchased an orange “Tennessee” T-shirt and walked around the corner to Thompson-Bolling arena to the Womens Basketball Office to see if Pat would sign it. Unfortunately the team was in Europe at the time (it was July/Aug.) but I was told Pat would be more than happy to do it when they returned. When asked for my address to be sent to me, I quickly told that story about how great the Lady Vol players were to Svet, for fear they would throw me out of the office, being from Connecticut and all. Well they were gratified to hear it and refused to let me pay for the shipping on top of all that. A few weeks later the shirt arrived, signed by Pat with a shout out to my wife, as I requested. Until she went downhill due to the progression of her disease, Pat belonged at the top of the aforementioned “classy” list.
Nice story and you are brave to say here that you bought an orange shirt ....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:DAs long as you are throwing cold water maybe you should check with the Duke fans and players if they'd like you to inquire about the return of coach Joanne P. McCallie. Kara is doing fine, give her some time.

uh oh.gif

well..........................

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The team voted to forego the season. I also have no idea what her manner of dealing with a pandemic has to do with her coaching ability
Wait, what? She’s the Captain of the ship, leader and face of the program. The Duke Men’s team played the full season and so did countless other programs in all other sports. That absolutely has everything to do with her leadership. Sports programs are not a democracy.
And now tonight she struggled and lost to previously winless Virginia.
Color me less than impressed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can we move to a completely positive, respectful, competitive relationship with Tennessee worthy of the more distant legacy that we can look back on with fondness?
No.

It’s like you don’t know us at all anymore.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Semeka Randall, too. Svet sat with her and Catch while on a plane to some awards ceremony and afterwards talked about how nice they were and how complimentary they were about Svet and UConn

Isn't Semeka the one who bounced Svetas head off of the floor?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Isn't Semeka the one who bounced Svetas head off of the floor?
Not on purpose. She was saving a ball and threw it back onto the court, where Svet had fallen. Randall wasn’t aiming for her, though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom