Duke and the refs | The Boneyard

Duke and the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a major screwjob on Michigan. It is relentless. Admirable for its sheer audacity.

You have balls going off Duke's feet out of bounds being called off Michigan.
You have 3s shot after the shot clock goes off (like, long after the shot clock).
You have a phantom charge called on a Michigan guard during a spin move, he didn't even make contact with the defender.

It's crazy the amount of calls going Duke's way.

Reaction Score
Dickie V is some how more unbearable than ever. His bias is laughable.

Reaction Score
Agreed... I thought the defensive rule changes would really hurt Duke.

On another level, I find it crazy how the recruiting "experts" said Parker wasn't athletic. Further proof that the "experts" know next to nothing.

Reaction Score
Seriously, how old is Vitale's act?

Half of what he says during a broadcast has nothing to do with the action on the court. He just riffs into why Duke is awesome. He is basically there to deliver a recruiting pitch.

Reaction Score
Always been so jealous of how Duke's student section surrounds the court. Such an awesome thing. Wish we did that, at least at Gampel.

Reaction Score
During Friday's game against Zona Dickie V also said the Jabari Parker/Melo comparisions that have been thrown around aren't accurate because Parker has a post game, a comment like that should immediately disqualify Vitale from working. On another Duke note, wtf is going on with Rasheed Sulaimon? He had a year slightly better freshman year than Omar, has had his role reduced with Hood's arrival, and now he collected a DNP tonight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
During Friday's game against Zona Dickie V also said the Jabari Parker/Melo comparisions that have been thrown around aren't accurate because Parker has a post game, a comment like that should immediately disqualify Vitale from working. On another Duke note, wtf is going on with Rasheed Sulaimon? He had a year slightly better than Omar, has had his role reduced with Hood's arrival, and now he collected a DNP tonight.

I was wondering if I was the only one who had noticed that. Rarely do you see somebody paid to comment on basketball so off base.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It seems as if Dook Vitale is only doing Dook games nowadays, which would be a good thing because I always disliked watching two top ten teams playing in a 1 possession game with 30 seconds left and he goes into some rant about Dook who's not even playing in that game

"unbearable" is an accurate description

Reaction Score
don't worry, dook will crash and burn in the tourney as they always do, let them get the hype, we'll get the hardware.

Reaction Score
Complimenting Duke is kind of like watching a huge guy beat up a little kid and saying look how amazing and quick that was! Don't they get a top 5 recruiting class every year? Wish we did too but with the talent they have and is always coming they should perform well, and dick never recognizes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom