Duke and Cuse rivalry 2.0 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Duke and Cuse rivalry 2.0

Reaction Score
The program isn't hanging by a thread, that's how it's doing.
Specious reasoning. Syracuse football team has never been hanging by a thread. Your argument would survive only if syracuse football were a mess while they were outside the ACC, but now is salvaged because of their inclusion. But this isn't the case. They were in an Orange bowl while in the big east and last year got trounced 45-0 by South Florida after going 6-7.
So far being in the ACC hasn't improved Cuse or BC sports at all. Anything else is a technicality.

Reaction Score
The program isn't hanging by a thread, that's how it's doing.

Well, we've gotten rejected by the ACC and Big 12 so those arent options right now. And I'm more than happy to keep basketball at an elite level if it means football is hanging by a thread

Reaction Score
Well, we've gotten rejected by the ACC and Big 12 so those arent options right now. And I'm more than happy to keep basketball at an elite level if it means football is hanging by a thread
That's the issue where the fanbase splits in half unfortunately

Reaction Score
That's the issue where the fanbase splits in half unfortunately
Agreed, that’s where the split is. I just can’t comprehend the half that wants to sacrifice a championship level basketball program to save a football program hanging on by a thread.

Reaction Score
Specious reasoning. Syracuse football team has never been hanging by a thread. Your argument would survive only if syracuse football were a mess while they were outside the ACC, but now is salvaged because of their inclusion. But this isn't the case. They were in an Orange bowl while in the big east and last year got trounced 45-0 by South Florida after going 6-7.
So far being in the ACC hasn't improved Cuse or BC sports at all. Anything else is a technicality.
perhaps I should have worded it differently - I'm not making a pre/post ACC comparison with them, I'm saying they're not in the independence wasteland.

Reaction Score
perhaps I should have worded it differently - I'm not making a pre/post ACC comparison with them, I'm saying they're not in the independence wasteland.
Yes. A P5 inclusion is definitely a more fertile ground for improvement. No doubt

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I was an advocate of the Big 12 move (if offered) when the moves were being made last year. I felt it was a financial necessity.

It's still a financial necessity, but I think the entirety of the college sports landscape may blow up sooner than later, so with this thought in mind, just give me Big East hoops and I'll go down with the band as the Titanic sinks.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Oh my goodness. I see you have been on the Boneyard since 2014 so you are at least 10 years old.
In an alternate universe, we lost to Iona last year and Duke won it all. This is not conjecture , it’s fact.

Reaction Score
Before we anoint Hurley as the best coach in the country, let’s see how this season ends and what next season translates to. We have a national championship in 23, which translated into only 2 recruits for 24, and none so far for 25. Hurley is our coach and we’ll never do better but his recent elevation in coaching and winning, has not translated to recruiting, yet.
I normally hate people who attack takes, but are you serious? First, how in the world do you think we won in 23? Recruits. And again this year? I dont pretend to be an expert in recruiting, but I know someone who is....and he is in charge. We good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom