Duke and Cuse rivalry 2.0 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke and Cuse rivalry 2.0

Reaction Score
i will always root for all the BE traitors to suck especially cuse, bc, and lville. seeing them at the bottom of the standings makes me happy.

and as a blue blood we should be rooting against uk, unc, duke, and ku. those are the teams we are competing against for recruits and national championships now.

Reaction Score
This. I’m fine scheduling Syracuse if and when they can right the ship. Until then, there’s really no upside for us as a program other than giving fans another reason to go to MSG. There’s 50 other schools that I’d rather see scheduled for an OOC game.
I'm fine with playing them. There's a little juice, and kicking their arse would be awesome. At this point, too, I'd like to narrow their all-time record against us (we're 39-56 against them).

This last title really does put us in such elite company that I'm savoring the all-time milestones we keep hitting. And I like having a better record against our rivals (former or current) and against other blue bloods whenever possible.

Reaction Score
I just find myself enjoying watching the big east. The Big 12 as well.

But like the game of the night in the ACC used to be must-watch, now it's meh.

And Big ten basketball is lame.

So as a whole, I watch less, but I would say I can watch almost any game from the two above conferences.
I expect that Kansas v Kansas state tonite should be a good game.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The Mountain West is in my rotation if I'm up late. It is similar to the BE in that the top teams all have different styles of play
I keep FS1 on for the MWC after the BE game, and my interest & attention varies depending on the game...but I offer that more as a compliment than a knock.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Besides UConn I just find myself watch less college basketball than years ago. I can’t be alone here
There really was a magic to the old Big East. Could easily watch just about any matchup and it was a joy because they were all our rivals. Miss that magic to a degree. It was a buzz everywhere you went. Arnold Dean show (1080 radio). Eastern Basketball magazine. Iconic coaches. Dave Gavitt a genius in dreaming it up.

Reaction Score
Syracuse isn't relevant anymore. They made their bed. I don't even want to waste the energy scheduling them until they turn that program around. Would still love to crush duke though, we are still competing for recruits with them.
Made their bed? By leaving for more money?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
There's this weird thing where we have to pretend we wouldn't have done exactly what they did if given the chance. I'm glad we're doing great and they stink, but there's a lot of revisionist history too

Reaction Score
I understand the sentiment behind this argument but it deflates in reality. Without any tangible success to show your fans, is the extra money just a goal in and of itself?
The amount of money a program has is not a metric for a teams success. It's not a negative- I'd never claim that - but I'd hardly call Cuse a success.

Reaction Score
There's this weird thing where we have to pretend we wouldn't have done exactly what they did if given the chance. I'm glad we're doing great and they stink, but there's a lot of revisionist history too
huh? no one gave a bleep that BC left. i hate them for blocking our move after the fact. the straw that broke the BE's back was Cuse leaving. that is what opened up the flood gates. if Cuse had held strong everyone else would have stayed. we didnt try to leave until we absolutely had to.

Reaction Score
I'm fine with playing them. There's a little juice, and kicking their arse would be awesome. At this point, too, I'd like to narrow their all-time record against us (we're 39-56 against them).

I'd like to play them this year mostly because I think we'd name the score. They're not good and it takes nothing to make them quit. I've watched a few of their games this year mostly because I get a kick out of watching them lose and - forget about the talent gap, the schemes, etc. - the difference in intensity and effort between our club and theirs is astounding.

Reaction Score

1707242194628.gif

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
huh? no one gave a bleep that BC left. i hate them for blocking our move after the fact. the straw that broke the BE's back was Cuse leaving. that is what opened up the flood gates. if Cuse had held strong everyone else would have stayed. we didnt try to leave until we absolutely had to.
UConn really wanted to go to the ACC. This is not controversial. It's worked out fine for us. That's all I'm saying

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Duke and Kansas fans have been very chirpy lately on Twitter in regards to UCONN’s status as a Blueblood and if Hurley is a good coach.

Wonder if they’re not so confident in their future anymore (mainly Duke).

Reaction Score
Besides UConn I just find myself watch less college basketball than years ago. I can’t be alone here

Nope, you are definitely not alone. I used to watch ESPN college basketball Mon-Wed without fail regardless of who was playing, any Big East games on the local stations, and then got amped for CBS games on the weekend. For some reason I did watch a majority of the Purdue-Wisconsin game the other day, but prior to that I can not remember the last non-UConn game I actively decided to watch.

Reaction Score
UConn really wanted to go to the ACC. This is not controversial. It's worked out fine for us. That's all I'm saying
and all i'm saying is that it's not hypocritical of us to hate BC and Cuse. they are in a different category than lville and pitt. i just also root against LVille b/c they are a borderline blueblood,or were until they hired kenny payne.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom