Duke 37 FSU 36 early second half | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke 37 FSU 36 early second half

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
thanks for the link. wonder why she got was granted without having to sit out for a year.
I don't think she played her in the last year she was at KState.

Reaction Score
thanks for the link. wonder why she got was granted without having to sit out for a year.
FSU applied for an exemption based on special circumstances. Leticia was in Spain for the holidays and was surprised by the NCAA's decision, which she/they did not expect. Decision came on Dec 24, and she hurried back and played 20 minutes in their Dec 29 game vs Jacksonville.

Reaction Score
With a minute left and FSU up 10, I'll say good win for FSU. With the win and the expected win rest of the year, they'll be in the running for a 4 seed or higher and host a home tournament game. Romero makes a huge difference for them.
I thin it is the players' turn to throw her under the bus.

Reaction Score
PS. Redskins a No No and Seminoles with tomahawk chop cheer just fine?? Just askin'?

The Seminole Tribe is very PRO their name being used as the FSU nickname. The Tribe actually petitioned the NCAA to allow the name to remain, and the NCAA agreed.

In contrast, the derogatory term "red skins" is decried by pretty much all Native Americans (and most other people).

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="vowelguy, post: 1190999, member: 59"

In contrast, the derogatory term "red skins" is decried by pretty much all Native Americans (and most other people).[/QUOTE]

Not me

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The Seminole Tribe is very PRO their name being used as the FSU nickname. The Tribe actually petitioned the NCAA to allow the name to remain, and the NCAA agreed.

In contrast, the derogatory term "red skins" is decried by pretty much all Native Americans (and most other people).
The OP on the subject wasn't commenting on the Seminole nickname, rather the Tomahawk Chop. I think the baseball Braves do something similar and I agree with the OP that I find it strange that no one seems to object much to something that - at least on the face of it - looks objectionable. Likewise, while everyone is decrying the Redskins, compare the Native American in their symbol to the caricature of the Cleveland Indians symbol - another not-so-publicly objected to symbol that I don't get why not.

While I don't disagree that enough folks dislike the Redskins name that it ought to be changed, the Native American community is by no means in 100% agreement as to it being objectionable. Although I think that some who don't find the term itself objectionable, probably depends on the situation. My biggest issue with these name changes isn't that I want to see folks feel insulted, but that names of various teams were changed (such as the St. John's redmen) whereby the name had absolutely nothing to do with native Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom