duffy--The Future of the Four Guards… | The Boneyard

duffy--The Future of the Four Guards…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow suggesting Evans could be on the coaching staff? Actually I wouldn't mind and he would be loyal to Ollie. On the other hand, that's a whole lot of guards on your staff.

Reaction Score
Makes no since for Napier to go if he is a second round pic...... No guarenteed money...

Reaction Score
Makes no since for Napier to go if he is a second round pic...... No guarenteed money...
So there will a bunch of money waitin for him if he stays ? You can't state that as a fact.the idea of him being a late first rounder is his best option IMO. Land on the spurs or another contender. Then again he seems like the type to finish what he started here

Reaction Score

If he's a 2nd rounder next year then he's delaying his potential earnings by a year. I would love for Bazz to come back for selfish reasons as I think this team could have a great year with him still in the fold and I'm not sold on Boat handling PG duties full time, but if Bazz stands as a 2nd rounder/possible late 1st round pick and there's not much he can do to improve his stock then it wouldn't be crazy for him to go. Isiah Thomas was in a similar situation after his junior year at University of Washington and now it looks like he'll have a spot in the league for a bit as at least a backup PG.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Shabazz can guarantee himself a late 1st, he should go. If it's looking like he'll be a 2nd rounder, he should stay. He could very well be an All-American next year and play in March, which will boost his stock significantly.

Reaction Score
He can improve his stock. Are people here saying Napier can't improve by coming back?

Reaction Score
You should only leave if you are a definitely a first rounder with guarenteed money. Very few second rounders get a contract and a lot get cut. If he stays he can improve his draft stock with another year and also have his degree in hand if basketball does not work. The world is littered with unemployed guys who left early because of poor advice.

caw

Reaction Score
Considering the supposed difference in quality of the two drafts, an improved Napier may even go lower next year. He would make a very good living in Europe if the NBA didn't work out and could finish his degree in the off-season or online.

Look, I want him back also, but going may be his best move.

Reaction Score
Bazz needs to bulk up and get the exposure of leading a Top 20 or better team next year. I can't imagine him being better off leaving this year. I realize guaranteed money is a draw but how many times have we seen supposed late 1st rounders slide? It happens every year. Bazz will be a standout player nationally next year. He might even be a player of the year candidate.

caw

Reaction Score
In regards to Evans, hasn't UConn had Grad Assistants before?

Reaction Score
if he isn't guarenteed 1st rounder, there should be no doubt in his mind about coming back.

Think of all the pluses:

*A loaded backcourt with a great chance to win the big least and go deep in march
* The chance to have one of the most storied careers in storrs
* Get your degree without having to pay a dime for it
* Learning from a former NBA player as your coach
* A new class of incoming freshman females
* D.P Dough

Reaction Score
If bazz isn't a first rounder, than the only way he stays in the league is to beat out other players for a roster spot. therefore, staying another year in college and improving a lot will help him stay on a roster. The problem with a player getting drafted and then cut is that it can be hard to get a 2nd chance. It's better to stay and improve yourself in running a real team (as opposed to a D league team which is a glorified pick up game and doesn't allow a true point guard to run a real offense) and actually become a better player for his position.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
With UConn suffering an unofficial media brownout as a result of the postseason ban, our players are not getting the usual exposure that helps with things like the NBA draft.

I hope if any player is considering giving themselves the best possible launch to a professional career they understand that staying at UConn will certainly give them a huge boost in this regard for next season. If everyone comes back, this will be a top ten team (*), and a few players will be set up nicely for some significant personal accolades.

*not pre-season, perhaps, but by March...

Reaction Score
Napier is Europe bound eventually. He may mess around in the D league for a while, but he will end up in Europe and be successful there.

He should stay, a weak draft doesn't mean a weak NBA

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Napier is leaps and bounds better than he was last year and there is very good reason to think he will continue to improve if he returns.

Reaction Score
Napier is leaps and bounds better than he was last year and there is very good reason to think he will continue to improve if he returns.

The thought or which gives me goosebumps!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Exactly. This kid has made huge strides and what's to say he won't continue to do so? I think he can continue to refine his game and learn when to be assertive, when to shoot, and when to distribute while playing in the flow of the offense.

A run in March will also help his stock immensely. A team's ability to advance in the post-season is reliant on back court play for a reason.

I normally agree with Duffy on a lot of his points, but he's wrong on Napier here.

Reaction Score
If he is not guarenteed by a team as a 1st rounder, he will be back. This will help identify weaknesses that NBA GM's thinks he has. He can come back and improve on these weaknesses.

Reaction Score
Agree, another year will help him. Especially if there is a NCAA run. Like I said above, no reason to leave unless you have been promised as a 1st round pick.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
once again ppl here need to take of the blue galsses

Reaction Score
Father Time and a reaggrivated foot. You guys are confident on the strength of nothing. If he has the go from Ollie he should leave regardless.

Reaction Score
Are guys still able to test the waters once? If so, Bazz should do that to at least get a feel for where he stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom