duffy on recruiting update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

duffy on recruiting update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pennywise, pound foolish. How much we talking here? He makes $600k? Give him a 3 year $1.5k contract, you lose $900k by firing him. or even a 2 year $1.2m contract, you lose $600k by firing him.

If Boatright leaves and Samuel is not ready to play next year, and the team has another 16 to 18 loss season, will the school lose more than $600k? Are they risking a multimillion setback?

The thing is, no one knows what constraints Manuel was under. For all we know, he could have been told there would be no buyouts due to the financial situation of the state and the university. And the lack of comfort with giving a longer term deal to an unproven coach could have been from Herbst or even the board of directors whom, I believe, must approve these hirings and contracts. Everyone assumes this is all on the AD. I'm not so sure.

Reaction Score
The thing is, no one knows what constraints Manuel was under. For all we know, he could have been told there would be no buyouts due to the financial situation of the state and the university. And the lack of comfort with giving a longer term deal to an unproven coach could have been from Herbst or even the board of directors whom, I believe, must approve these hirings and contracts. Everyone assumes this is all on the AD. I'm not so sure.

Very true. I think I assume this simply from listening to Manuel's own words to the media, both in interviews and at Ollie's PC. But he may simply be carrying someone else's water. Nonetheless, he certainly makes it seem as though this is his idea.

But I'll amend it. Someday UConn may look back on this and realize it was pennywise and pound foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom