Duffy on Oriakhi | The Boneyard

Duffy on Oriakhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Time to turn the corner. I know I'm rooting for him to do just that.

caw

Reaction Score
I have to say this, statistically he is still not there. However, the effort is much better than before.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is a great article. It clarifies a lot of things.

There is no animosity or jealousy with AD. DBev kept the players loose last season. Alex works hard. Alex lacks confidence and his inconsistency is corollary to that inconsistency. And when Alex struggles the team frequently struggles.

There are lots of people who are born with physical gifts but have a mindset that undermines the gift. As frustrated as any of us might be about Alex and his play there is probably no one more frustrated about it than Alex.

Reaction Score
I think AO will turn it on soon. He'll get it back. Its mental. He has added new aspects to his game but lost some very important mental parts.

Reaction Score
Great read. Confidence is definitely a major issue with Alex. I think he overthinks things when he's out there. How many times this season have you seen him miss bunnies? When he's in his driveway or in the gym I bet he doesn't even think about it. I've played with plenty of kids who just can't seem to put their talents together because of the mental aspect.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Alex plays better in games where he knocks down a 15 foot jumper or two early. I think when this happens his confidence increases and seems to get the rest of his game going. Maybe the coaching staff should run a couple of set plays for him early on. It may also be that when he knocks down a couple of shots the defense has to respect this aspect of his game and as a result things open up for him inside.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think Alex needs to be spared the hook. Leave him in except for fatigue or foul trouble . Let AD and TO split the other spot. AO can demand the ball as an upperclassman. Pulling him in and out kills his confidence. If he gets the ball on the block enough, he'll be fine.

I think RS and Giffey should split the 3. RS was a key defensive presence during.last years run. I think he would play better if trusted more.

When RB comes back they can go small with Lamb at the 3.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr