Dude what? 17 boards? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dude what? 17 boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AB absolutely needs to work on getting stronger. I wonder how much this kid is still getting comfortable with his body.

I would love to see AB have that ferocity and determination to get rebounds the way we saw DHam in this game or Bazz in several games last season or KFree and JeffA in the past.

But I can live with the combo of AB blocking shots or intimidating players in the interior to force teams to play on the perimeter as long as someone on the team does what DHam has been doing lately or Bazz and DD did last season. The shot blocker will often be out of position and thats fine as long as everyone else knows they have to help and can be successful doing it.
He might not be a great rebounder, but he is top 3 rim protector in the NCAA and he is also an elite finisher around the rim. He catches a lot of lobs but he also finishes everything else, you dont fall out of bed and shoot over 70% even for a big. He should be getting some all conference consideration IMO

Elite rim protecting athletic bigs who finish are probably the most sought after asset in basketball. Definitely needs more strength next year, but his sophomore season has been a treat.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much of Hamilton's ability to create comes from Ollie's tutelage.

I think what you see right now is 'genealogy'. He comes from a strong, hi-level basketball family. Huge advantage over high schoolers having big brothers like that.

Perhaps next year Ollie's imprint will show.

Reaction Score
DHam is turning into an AA right before our eyes. When you think about it, with all our missed shots someone on our team has an opportunity to lead the nation in rebounding. (Sorry I know that was brutal, LOL).

Anyway KFree or Jeff would average almost 20 boards a game. Hopefully DHam will follow along their footsteps while adding clean up buckets.
14 of his rebounds were defensive...

Reaction Score
14 of his rebounds were defensive...
You ruined what I thought was a good post being so technical, but anyway there are offensive boards to be had, so someone could still achieve it.

Do you have to be so smart all the time? Oh wait . . . . . . . . . . . . sorry my bad. LOL

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
He's like Deandre meets Niels

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
dham sure has the competitive fire--he will get in there and mix it up going after rebounds. He's a tough kid in his way. Another thing about him is that he has really exceptional speed/quickness. Like Kemba and Boat, I think he needs to learn to slow down and play with more patience. Although a different player, Daniel has the versatility and some of the skills that we saw in Caron, but younger. Everyone can see that he has "it," and it should be fun to watch (hopefully for 2 more years, but 1 may be the best we can hope for).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom