DT with 30 at 40 | The Boneyard

DT with 30 at 40

Reaction Score
some of these records are so stupid. what is the data pool please?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
some of these records are so stupid. what is the data pool please?
Are you suggesting that DT’s ability to score 30 points at an age when most WNBA players have the adjective “former” in front of the term, is a “stupid” record?

Most of us here on the BY consider DT’s achievement remarkable. It’s not just about her incredible basketball ability. DT’s record also speaks to her tremendous motivation over several decades to put in all the many hours of hard work to maintain her fitness and skill set at the very highest level.

Reaction Score
While the record may not seem as significant as say most points in a game or most games over 30 in a career it is really more a point of admiration and recognition. It is just another marker that sets her apart for her skills. More keenly the time invested to develop them and the relentless work it takes to maintain them when the clock pulls at them a little each day. Like all sports the total pool of those who have participated is immense and to stand with the very few if any at the top is to be appreciated while you still can!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I believe I saw on Twitter today that she is only one of three players in both the WNBA and the NBA to score 30 in a game at the age of 40. Not stupid.
The announcers mentioned it during the game.

One other thing of note - I watched the whole game. Dee had some terrific assists as well as some hockey assists, which don't show up on the stats.

She may have lost a half or full step in her quickness and speed, but this season she's averaging 31.7 MPG - which is over her career average (31 MPG). Her PPG stands at 17.5. over 34% 3-point average and over 4.1 APG. How she was left off the All Star Team is mystifying. Not sure how readable this will be but it's a snip of all her stats for her entire career... I highlighted 2022 so far as well as her career stats. She’s the GOAT for a reason.

1659121138456.png

Reaction Score
FYI, the 2 NBA players who scored 30 points in a game after they turned 40 were Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Karl Malone, the #1 & #3 all time scorers in the NBA. So DT is in some pretty elite company.

Nope…. It’s michael jordan and dirk nowitzki.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nope…. It’s michael jordan and dirk nowitzki.
So I had to go back and check. Both Jordan & Nowitski did in fact score 30 points in a regular season game during their last year in the NBA, at age 40, playing for Washington & Dallas respectively.

Abdul-Jabbar & Malone also scored 30 points after turning 40. But neither hit that total during the regular season. Both scored 30 points at age 40 during the NBA Finals….:cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom