Drummonds line tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Drummonds line tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This 1000 times. When someone is all about potential, having direct attention every day for hours a day will do wonders. Big difference between having an NBA head coach, NBA assistant coaches and position coaches around you for hours and hours a day as opposed to being coached maybe 2 hours a day? Can't recall what the limits are on daily and weekly practices in the NCAA but it definitely hinders the growth of a guy like AD whose physical gifts were miles ahead of his skills.

It's a safe bet that he has been putting in hours of work in 5 or 6 days a week all summer since being drafted.

Except everyone in the NBA has access to the same amount coaching, yet Drummond looks "1000 times" better than he did in college. People on this board idolize these players to the point where it's ridiculous. It's hilarious, do I really needed to have played college ball at UCONN to judge that Drummond looks better now than he did in college? No. If I can make an opinion about Romney v Obama without having served elected office, I can damn sure do the same about basketball players.

Reaction Score
Except everyone in the NBA has access to the same amount coaching, yet Drummond looks "1000 times" better than he did in college. People on this board idolize these players to the point where it's ridiculous. It's hilarious, do I really needed to have played college ball at UCONN to judge that Drummond looks better now than he did in college? No. If I can make an opinion about Romney v Obama without having served elected office, I can damn sure do the same about basketball players.

Yeah people amaze me willinphilly.......like in the last 5 months (most of which he didn't know who his coaches were as he wasn't even drafted yet) he suddenly received more coaching than he got at UConn last year? And while they have some decent coaches in the NBA, they have better at UConn than most NBA teams!!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yeah people amaze me willinphilly.......like in the last 5 months (most of which he didn't know who his coaches were as he wasn't even drafted yet) he suddenly received more coaching than he got at UConn last year? And while they have some decent coaches in the NBA, they have better at UConn than most NBA teams!!

Didn't he get a personal trainer to work with him intensively after deciding to enter the draft and prior to joining the Pistons? Who knows, but it is possible that he could have gotten a lot more serious with the NBA approaching and a trainer/coach to work with him alone. He was still heading to high school before deciding to come to UConn, with likely no particular preparation for college.

When he got there, I'm not sure how much one-on-one instruction in fundamentals he received, but I agree that he did not show a concerted effort to get to the boards at UConn. I often watched him just stand there outside the lane and watch the ball rather than pushing to get position and the ball. If he had consistently pushed for rebounds, fought for position, and boxed out, he would have probably led the country in rebounds.

I think Andre is a great kid and I suspect that his problem was difficulty knowing what to do and being able to sustain his focus, not a lack of desire to do well. By all accounts, he was a somewhat young 18 year old who needed time to grow up and with close help, maybe he is getting more serious and mature about basketball.

Reaction Score
Well stated Db2U.........never thought I'd say that! LOL;)...................................thought I would have to wait for you to admit defeat to Team Fishy before saying that.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well stated Db2U.........never thought I'd say that! LOL;)...................................thought I would have to wait for you to admit defeat to Team Fishy before saying that.

The problem with Team Fishy was that they were all so drunk that they actually believed they won.

Reaction Score
The problem with Team Fishy is they actually won but the Dog's had some fishy handicaps...........we were drunk but not enough to forget the outcome!!

Ashton's, Rolling Rocks, Red Stripes and shots of who knows what tend to do that to a team of destiny!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom