Drummonds line tonight | The Boneyard

Drummonds line tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Read that drummond played with the starters, had a highlight ally-00p lobbed by monroe, while out hustling josh smith
Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 12.56.29 AM.png

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Disclaimer preseason means nothing etc. Whatever.

Good for Drummond. Sky is the limit for him if he puts the work in.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Say whatever you want about Andre but it is a safe bet that he will never represent the University in a negative manner.

Reaction Score
He is a great kid and will always be an asset to our program, he is going to be a great player and we will be seeing a whole lot of him on espn and TNT because of his highlight reel plays and fun personality.

Reaction Score
To tell the truth he is better than I expected. In fact he probably is causing some hand wrangling for teams that decided to pass on him. His skills are still catching up to his body but when they do he will be one of the best.

Reaction Score
Read that drummond played with the starters, had a highlight ally-00p lobbed by monroe, while out hustling josh smith
View attachment 1587
While I am very happy for Drummond, how is he this much better than he was at UCONN? He is putting up big numbers against NBA competition. Now granted, it is the pre-season, but he looks like a complete beast, which certainly he did, at times, last year. Was he not coached well last year? Was the effort not there? Just looks like someone lit a fire under him and he's responding BIGTIME.

C

Chief00

AD should have been no later than the second pick in this year's draft. If he had stayed another year @UConn he would have been the number 1 pick. If circumstances were different last year AD would have stay another year as would have JC.

Reaction Score
It's really still too early to speculate but he looks like a different kid. I thought he was making a real bad decision for his future leaving so early but now I tend to think the timing was fine. I read from so many AD is a great kid and it does seem that way. It's just too bad he waited to put forth the effort he is showing now because he could have had a very special freshman year!!

Starting to look like he's ready!! Didn't someone take Dion Waiters ahead of him? That should come back to haunt them!:eek:

caw

Reaction Score
While I am very happy for Drummond, how is he this much better than he was at UCONN? He is putting up big numbers against NBA competition. Now granted, it is the pre-season, but he looks like a complete beast, which certainly he did, at times, last year. Was he not coached well last year? Was the effort not there? Just looks like someone lit a fire under him and he's responding BIGTIME.

Jmo but the main thing is NBA spacing. It's always been better than college, especially with the defensive 3 second rule and the enlarged flopping area. Without a player camped close to the run to bump Drummond you can basically just throw it near the rim and he will likely have a straight line path to dunk it.

Armchair psychologist here: there was talk about him being too nice and having trouble "bullying" smaller players. Maybe he is over that mental block with everyone being pros and bigger in the NBA.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's absolute bullsh1t that some people on the Boneyard will sit here and question Drummond's effort last year because he didn't put up the stats they wanted to see being the #1/#2 rated recruit.

Drummond was 18 years old, joined the team late in the summer, the team had chemistry issues all season, Calhoun missed time and playing aside Oriahki just wasn't a good fit.

All of that and he still damn near averaged a double double in Big East play.

One of the things that just sickens me about the Boneyard is how many on here and so quick to equate 'success' or 'failure' in their eyes to a lack of heart or effort by a player. There's very few players throughout the years I would say didn't have heart or play with effort under JC. AD certainly isn't one of them.

I wish Andre nothing but the absolute best and even made a bet with my buddy he'll be an All Star within 4 years. I think AD is going to be absolutely kill it in the NBA and playing with Monroe is an awesome pairing for Detroit.

End Rant.

Reaction Score
Difference between someone questioning his effort and wanting to see more out of a kid who is now, 6 months later, somehow getting much better numbers vs guys who are getting paid millions. If you are a UConn fan, saw what you did last year in an inconsistent freshman, and aren't wondering what could have been then I wonder what the hell you say.

The thing that sickens me about the BY are people like you who question a simple observation by so many, all of whom seem to wish nothing but the best for the young man moving forward. It's a basketball forum, people like to observe and discuss. Get used to it!!!

rant over

Reaction Score
Hard to really put any accolades on AD this early in his career. I guess the biggest difference between where he is now and where he was last year is that he is playing for his livlihood now if he fails he loses money whereas as last year if he failed he had a chance for a mulligan.

Reaction Score
You cant question the effort, I think it was a lack of chemistry and spacing within the offense. he will be fine, its ok to happy for the kid. He came here late a year early, he represented himself with class, he didnt come here like some phenoms do with a premadonna attitude. I have absolutely zero regrets about us getting Drummond, if have a chance at grabbing a kid like that again you would be an idiot not to.

Reaction Score
Hard to really put any accolades on AD this early in his career. I guess the biggest difference between where he is now and where he was last year is that he is playing for his livlihood now if he fails he loses money whereas as last year if he failed he had a chance for a mulligan.

Good call sparky........looked as though he wanted to be something other than an interior player last year and hey, he's a kid they all think they can do everything......not doubting his "effort" at all just his willingness to do the things which he is made for more consistently. And I lay some blame on JC was well for allowing him to drift from his strengths.......

I mean he looks like more of a man now against the real men than he did......tough to not notice and think back as to "what if" but the facts are he was 18 and now he knows what the road is ahead of him. He's growing up fast and I hope he shows everyone what a truly gifted athlete he is. How can you not root for the kid?

Reaction Score
Good call sparky........looked as though he wanted to be something other than an interior player last year and hey, he's a kid they all think they can do everything......not doubting his "effort" at all just his willingness to do the things which he is made for more consistently. And I lay some blame on JC was well for allowing him to drift from his strengths.......

I mean he looks like more of a man now against the real men than he did......tough to not notice and think back as to "what if" but the facts are he was 18 and now he knows what the road is ahead of him. He's growing up fast and I hope he shows everyone what a truly gifted athlete he is. How can you not root for the kid?

It is what it is last year is last year, bottom line there just arent too many kids who are going to come in having the complete package like a Durant, Melo, Rose, Davis type of freshmen year. I think we knew he would be going through some growing pains. We have to see how he does in the regular season now when teams decide to become physical with him, overall he will be fine. I think he will be a Lamarcus Aldridge type of player.

Reaction Score
It's absolute bullsh1t that some people on the Boneyard will sit here and question Drummond's effort last year because he didn't put up the stats they wanted to see being the #1/#2 rated recruit.

Drummond was 18 years old, joined the team late in the summer, the team had chemistry issues all season, Calhoun missed time and playing aside Oriahki just wasn't a good fit.

All of that and he still damn near averaged a double double in Big East play.

One of the things that just sickens me about the Boneyard is how many on here and so quick to equate 'success' or 'failure' in their eyes to a lack of heart or effort by a player. There's very few players throughout the years I would say didn't have heart or play with effort under JC. AD certainly isn't one of them.

I wish Andre nothing but the absolute best and even made a bet with my buddy he'll be an All Star within 4 years. I think AD is going to be absolutely kill it in the NBA and playing with Monroe is an awesome pairing for Detroit.

End Rant.

It's because Calhoun was almost never criticized for any problems related to the team. So the players were always at fault. Then look at the football board, it's always the coaches fault and never the players fault.

Obviously JC is 100x the coach that P is, but I agree with you in that I have a big problem with people making absolute statements about kids not playing with "heart" or effort when they're sitting on their couch and have never come close to playing in that environment.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Difference between someone questioning his effort and wanting to see more out of a kid who is now, 6 months later, somehow getting much better numbers vs guys who are getting paid millions. If you are a UConn fan, saw what you did last year in an inconsistent freshman, and aren't wondering what could have been then I wonder what the hell you say.

The thing that sickens me about the BY are people like you who question a simple observation by so many, all of whom seem to wish nothing but the best for the young man moving forward. It's a basketball forum, people like to observe and discuss. Get used to it!!!

rant over

Much better numbers? He had 13 pts and 10 rebs last night. That's in an NBA pre-season game and not too far off from what he put up during Big East play.

You said "It's just too bad he waited to put forth the effort he is showing now because he could have had a very special freshman year!!"

That is a far cry from I wish he was a little more consistent.

Reaction Score
We need some reality here, peoples. Drummond put up 13/10 in 18 minutes. Hibbert put up 12/8 in 30 minutes a game and was an All-Star.

Due to my nifty math skills and putting that into a funky equation, the only plausible solution is that Andre is the GOAT center.

Reaction Score
He is going to be a star...he is going to be huge for UConn...going to be great exposure for us when he is on sportscenter dunking all over anthony davis...oh yea cant wait to see that matchup

Reaction Score
This pistons backcourt is simply better than our backcourt. He was basically deandre jordon coming in , now he has shown flashes of offensive playmaking potential. IMO he was great last year, he was never a scapegoat in my book. A lot of people on here just can't accept the fact that his game adheres more to the pro game than it did at uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom