Drummond | The Boneyard

Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has had a lot more good games than bad. I saw an analysis that said part of his early NBA success can be attributed to the NBA game not being as physical as the NCAA game. He can roam without getting banged around as much and then get some easy tip in / put back buckets. Makes sense based on what I saw last year.

Reaction Score
He still doesn't get nearly enough playing time, don't understand what Frank is doing.

Reaction Score
He should definitely be starting over Maxiel. He and Greg Monroe would make a tough front court combo. I don't get it either.

Reaction Score
Well the Pistons have had a great season so far so I'm not going to question Frank. Oh wait, they're 3-10.

caw

Reaction Score
Frank did the same thing to Monroe and Knight. I still don't like that team though, their guards are the problem.

Reaction Score
The Pistons are aiming for another high draft pick. They got a steal on Drummond.

Reaction Score
Bigs are moving in the right direction, but guard play is horrible. Only so much can be corrected via draft. I am still mad they drafted Knight over Kemba 2 years ago. Didn't get it then, don't get it now.

Reaction Score
Good for him, I guess. Though Drummond makes an apperance on my "former Huskies I can't stand" list. Top 3:

1. Jonathan Mandeldove
2. Andre Drummond
3. Jerome Dyson

Reaction Score
Well yeah, Mandeldove is obvious.

Drummond had a reputation of being lazy. The last guy to practice and the first to leave, and the fact that his mechanics never really got any better throughout the season would lend credence to that. Plus you can't tell me he was hard at work trying to improve his free throw shooting... absolutely pathetic.

Dyson I feel less strongly about, he just seemed like another one who didn't live up to his potential because he was clearly very talented. Also seemed overly cocky to me.

Reaction Score
Drummond could have skipped college ball and went straight to the NBA. He'll be an ambassador for UConn as an NBA player.

Don't know if I'd want Bynum to be an ambassador for us though.

caw

Reaction Score

Drummond had a reputation of being lazy. The last guy to practice and the first to leave, and the fact that his mechanics never really got any better throughout the season would lend credence to that. Plus you can't tell me he was hard at work trying to improve his free throw shooting... absolutely pathetic.

Dyson I feel less strongly about, he just seemed like another one who didn't live up to his potential because he was clearly very talented. Also seemed overly cocky to me.

I guess when a team has had Wrenn, Wiggins, Miles, Kelley, it's hard for me to put anyone else in the top 5 with Mandeldove.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
His per minute numbers are outstanding for a rookie. And he's even hitting half his foul shots.

I don't get Amory's dislike of Drummond. We've had numerous problem guys at UConn; he was not one of them.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Andre's extreme athletic attributes give him the potential to be a great finisher against any competition. Plays are better orchestrated at the pro level to enhance his ability to succeed. The limited minutes are also part of that plan...it is easier to keep Andre focused on making the right plays and thereby develop winning habits.
I do agree that Stuckey and Knight are awful and the reason the pistons are struggling

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Andre's extreme athletic attributes give him the potential to be a great finisher against any competition. Plays are better orchestrated at the pro level to enhance his ability to succeed. The limited minutes are also part of that plan...it is easier to keep Andre focused on making the right plays and thereby develop winning habits.
I do agree that Stuckey and Knight are awful and the reason the pistons are struggling

Knight's career went down the shitter as soon as he went to play for Calipari.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice that all of Calipari's 1 and dones have struggled to turn into stars in the NBA? Evans, Wall, Cousins, Knight, Orton, and others have all performed below expectations.

Reaction Score
Derrick Rose turned out pretty well...

Also, Evans and Cousins (especially Cousins) are no underachieving. And Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist are off to pretty good starts.

Wall has been a bit disappointing, but he's still managed to average 16.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg and 8 apg his first two years playing for one of the worst franchises in the NBA.

I can't stand Calipari, but it's easy to understand why top prospects/one-and-done candidates want to play for him.

Reaction Score

Also, Evans and Cousins (especially Cousins) are no underachieving. And Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist are off to pretty good starts.

Wall has been a bit disappointing, but he's still managed to average 16.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg and 8 apg his first two years playing for one of the worst franchises in the NBA.

I can't stand Calipari, but it's easy to understand why top prospects/one-and-done candidates want to play for him.

Why?? I can't stress enough almost every one of these names you mentioned play in the NBA if they went to Franklin Pierce or Kentucky for one year.....It was well documented that Wall and Cousins barely listened to hsi coaching in some big games down the stretch so their minds were already gone.......he is a pretty damn good coach and these kids need a year somewhere but the thought he is the man to go to because he made Rose better is ridiculous......

Reaction Score
IMO Cousins and Evans have underperformed because if they reached their potential then the Kings would be a solid NBA team, which they are not. Alls I'm saying is for the amount of top recruits Calipari gets every year he only has one player that has turned into a star.

Reaction Score

Mandeldove seemed like a good kid who just lost his will to play basketball or at least with the same passion required to play for JC........

I could never hate AD as he seems like a real nice kid who enjoyed his time here.......I get the name being on someone's list from a pure basketball standpoint it you have knowledge of his practice regimen......I know we didn't get everything we could have from Andre last year but he's a kid who had NBA aspirations and they are now fulfilled......if he has that same work ethic he will be lucky to get the minutes he's getting the rest of his career.....that needs to change dramatically. While he can make a career hanging around the basket betting dunk putbacks and lay ins he will need to get some perimeter game to be a huge factor someday......but he's going to his strengths which is rebounding the ball on both ends (wish he did a little more of that last year).....

I was on the Dyson bandwagon, ugly one that is, his last year but somehow I have seemed to feel bad for that. He has worked so hard to get everything he is getting now and I realize I normally like guys who throw themselves around physically to help teams win. Not sure what turned me off in his game his Sr year, maybe out of control a lot and seemingly showcasing, but reality is he played hard and deserved less of the hammer than I gave him.........

If I started a list I am pretty sure everyone knows who #1 would be on mine........;)

Reaction Score

He promotes a style of play and a coaching philosophy that is guaranteed not to harm their draft status. A guy can come to UK as the projected #1 pick and be pretty well assured he's going to leave as the projected #1 pick. Squid doesn't develop players, but playing for him has no downside, financially.

Conversely, a guy like JC made these prospects play his way, which could harm a 1-and-done's draft status if they weren't immediately on board with JC's style enough to earn the playing time. Drummond went from a projected #1-3 pick to #9, and I would argue that JC even went easy on him last year and gave him a longer leash than he deserved.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

right they are good, but i dont want to give him too much credit when these kids were going to be top five-ten picks right out of high school... its like saying coach k made kyrie a number one pick when before his first game they said hes the number one pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom