Drummond to UCONN this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
This is absolutely unbelievable!!

Reaction Score
I had completely convinced myself that he was never coming here. I'm still giddy. I called everyone I could think might care a little bit. I think a few of them didn't. My mom was pretty pumped though.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I understand he can play a little bit?

Reaction Score
I'll start by saying I used to go by RayShuttlesworth but its ridiculous what people are saying on the other boards..on the UNC board someone posted this gem "I hate Calhoun. How is he allowed to get away with stuff like this EVERY YEAR? No chance this is an above board "transaction". .....are they kidding? Since when do we ever get this caliber of a player nvm "EVERY YEAR" when they consistently pull in 5 burger boys every year

Reaction Score
I'll start by saying I used to go by RayShuttlesworth but its ridiculous what people are saying on the other boards..on the UNC board someone posted this gem "I hate Calhoun. How is he allowed to get away with stuff like this EVERY YEAR? No chance this is an above board "transaction". .....are they kidding? Since when do we ever get this caliber of a player nvm "EVERY YEAR" when they consistently pull in 5 burger boys every year

FWIW... that poster's handle is terpsince85

Reaction Score
I still can't believe it. This crow sure as hell tastes like filet-mignot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I thought UNC fans liked JC because he knocked off Duke twice in final four games.

They're just ticked off that they now have to worry that their every few year cakewalk to a national title for Roy may not happen this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
You're right didnt see that guys handle. Heres one from Catsillustrated

"I like how Calhoun lands a kid that wasn't even considering UConn throughout his entire recruitment (Daniels) and lands a kid that "100% wasn't going to college in 2011." All on the up-and-up (yea right). "

Reaction Score
You're right didnt see that guys handle. Heres one from Catsillustrated

"I like how Calhoun lands a kid that wasn't even considering UConn throughout his entire recruitment (Daniels) and lands a kid that "100% wasn't going to college in 2011." All on the up-and-up (yea right). "

BAHAHA!
RHuHq.gif

Reaction Score
Has Midnight Madness started yet? Because I can't frickin' wait.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Welcome AD!!!!!!!! WE ARE D()()()()()()()()MMMMMMMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Holy ! Woooooo hoooo. This puts us at no. 1 I believe. (looks like the filters are up and working as I did nit say darn!)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
At some point on Monday morning, after I dig out from underneath my broken home and splintered trees I may come to be kinda happy about this news. :cool:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Susan Herbst is having a helluva summer!!

Reaction Score

I feel its an especially good time to remember how talented he is. Watching this and knowing what is coming back is just unreal.

I particularly like the dunk around the 24 second mark where he makes Tony Parker look like a kid.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I feel its an especially good time to remember how talented he is. Watching this and knowing what is coming back is just unreal.

I particularly like the dunk around the 24 second mark where he makes Tony Parker look like a kid.

Ok so i never actually looked at any videos of the kid playing because i honestly never really thought he'd end up at UCONN. i've never seen a kid his size and athleticism dribble, pass, shoot, or dunk like that especially at his age. the whole scholly thing kinda bums me out - does Wolf go back to Germany or Olander give up his scholly? either way this guy is simply a freak of nature (in the best way possible)...

Reaction Score
A couple people, I think Jeff Borzello of CBS and others are reporting (speculating?) that Drummond will be paying his own way. So, the NCAA takes away three scholarships and the best big man prospect since Dwight Howard decides to walk on? I'll take it...

Reaction Score
YEA.

Suck it everyone else...time to re-evaluate those top 10's.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I feel good that what I was told two months ago was true after all.
Welcome to UConn Andre

Reaction Score
A couple people, I think Jeff Borzello of CBS and others are reporting (speculating?) that Drummond will be paying his own way. So, the NCAA takes away three scholarships and the best big man prospect since Dwight Howard decides to walk on? I'll take it...

I was going to say he reminded me a bit of Dwight Howard. Looks like from the videos that he's got an amazing handle for a guy his size. He made some great passes. Of course there were a ton of dunks, looks to be as athletic as any big man we've ever had. He'll be an immediate difference maker on D. Hard to tell how the offense will look, he looked like a man amongst boys in those clips. The boys are at least better than the chairs we've seen in some other guys highlights.

Give him a few months at Camp Calhoun and he'll be a serious menace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom