Drummond to the Lakers | The Boneyard

Drummond to the Lakers

Reaction Score
So when he wins his first NBA championship this year does UConn get credit or does Rutgers still get to claim credit for coaching him up?
They ain’t winning it this year and you should probably have an idea of who is. I just think their injuries will affect them to much also.

Reaction Score
Would have liked to see him play with Kemba.

Right now he's a rented player by the Fakers for the balance of the season, he's a free agent come this Summer, always a chance the Celtics can sign him then.

Reaction Score
They ain’t winning it this year and you should probably have an idea of who is. I just think their injuries will affect them to much also.
?

Assuming the Lakers make the playoffs and the 2 of AD and LeBron are back, are you really picking against them?

Reaction Score
Would have liked to see him play with Kemba.
I think the Celtics are better off giving those minutes to Rob Williams - for both the short and long term. That dude is a game-changer and fits perfectly next to Jaylen, Tatum, and Kemba.

As much as I can’t stand the Lakers, this is such a great fit for Drummond if LeBron and AD come back healthy. He’s a huge upgrade from their current group of centers, and he should be a more effective version of what Dwight gave them last season.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I like the move but I could see the Lakers adding one more player.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Shoulda signed with the Nets. Guarenteed title, Harden setting him up all day at the rim. Living in LA must be tempting though.

Reaction Score
It says so much about how he and traditional big guys are viewed in the league that nobody wanted to trade for him just because they would have to pay a prorated portion of his current salary for the rest of the year.

Reaction Score
?

Assuming the Lakers make the playoffs and the 2 of AD and LeBron are back, are you really picking against them?
Yes I’m picking the Nets. I do believe that Lebron is no Jordan but he has learned how to win like Jordan when surrounded by the right pieces. Having said that I think the Lakers were going to win again health permitting, until this Nets team formed. They are just too much if all healthy.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It says so much about how he and traditional big guys are viewed in the league that nobody wanted to trade for him just because they would have to pay a prorated portion of his current salary for the rest of the year.
It really is crazy. Traditional center and power forward positions are essentially throwaways, maybe 40-75 cents on the dollar.

Reaction Score
It really is crazy. Traditional center and power forward positions are essentially throwaways, maybe 40-75 cents on the dollar.
This is kinda true. There are still insanely valuable big men. Jokic, AD, Giannis, and Embiid are all top tier players. Maybe they all aren't "traditional" but most all time players break the mold in some way.

Drummonds biggest problem is he tries to do stuff that he is not capable of effectively executing which ends up hurting his team quite a bit, no one wants that. This is how he ends up in the buy out situation. No team with assets or space has any incentive to add him to their team, he simply isn't valuable. If he limits his offensive contributions to finishing plays and offensive rebounding he will be much more of a winning player.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This is kinda true. Their are still insanely valuable big men. Jokic, AD, Giannis, and Embiid are all top tier players. Maybe they all aren't "traditional" but most all time players break the mold in some way.

Drummonds biggest problem is he tries to do stuff that he is not capable of effectively executing which ends up hurting his team quite a bit, no one wants that. This is how he ends up in the buy out situation. No team with assets or space has any incentive to add them to their team, he simply isn't valuable. If he limits his offensive contributions to finishing plays and offensive rebounding he will be much more of a winning player.
I hear you, I threw in the "traditional" adjective as a disclaimer. Jokic/Giannis have skill sets that match a 3 better than a 5, which is crazy at their size.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Dre. Playing for the Lakers, your historic World class rebounding will be appreciated.

Reaction Score
Wish him well in LA. Beyond the UConn connection, he has been generous in supporting various causes in Middletown and I sincerely applaud him for that.

Reaction Score
Andre will benefit from Lebron and Anthony D taking him under their wings Dre and AD makes for an interesting gumbo soup on the court.

Reaction Score
?

With Lebron healthy ya I gotta put them in the finals. To beat the Nets though they will have to get lucky. Nets just added Aldridge btw.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
LA - from Hack a Shaq to Hack a Drummond

Good luck Dre

Reaction Score
Heads up: I think you meant to send this as a txt.
Multitasking on a big exciting day. Thrilled for Dre - happy for such a great outcome. Fighting the good fight against the odds for James too. Just want James to follow his heart and what’s best for him long term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom