Drummond ghpa @ 630 | The Boneyard

Drummond ghpa @ 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
07_SPO_080614EC10_opt.jpg

Here's Andre at Crosby High School this evening.

Reaction Score
Boat and lamb in the building

Rdm, please give us a game report on both games. any other Huskies/former Huskies playing tonight? it is start of playoffs right? thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
Supposedly AD had a big turnover in the closing seconds of the game and ended up costing his team a W. Roosevelt Lee went off for the other team for 52 points. Lee's team beat AD's 102-101.

Reaction Score
Roosevelt Lee, that's a name from the past. How did that guy not play high major basketball?

Reaction Score
Just got word Lee dominated AD all night. I played against him in high school. All the talent in the world. Same story as most of these kids, couldn't get out of his own way. No proper guidance/ authority figure.

Reaction Score
Ro Lee has NBA talent. The story I got was that he had kids at a real young age and didnt have the grades to play college ball. Too bad, because the kid can really play.

Reaction Score
David Borges tweet while at Drummond game.

"What's wrong with the NBA? You can have unreal athleticism but absolutely zero skills and be a rising young star."

Love having a beat writer like this...The NBA isn't a game of horse David.

caw

Reaction Score
Just got word Lee dominated AD all night. I played against him in high school. All the talent in the world. Same story as most of these kids, couldn't get out of his own way. No proper guidance/ authority figure.

I didn't watch the game but why would any team have Drummond defending Lee, or vice versa? Lee was a 6-6 maybe 6-7 SF, and pretty thin at that, last I saw him (which was close to 15 years ago). Did he blow up in weight? Or am I thinking of the wrong dude?

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game but why would any team have Drummond defending Lee, or vice versa? Lee was a 6-6 maybe 6-7 SF, and pretty thin at that, last I saw him (which was close to 15 years ago). Did he blow up in weight? Or am I thinking of the wrong dude?

It's the Pro-Am, not an NBA game. I wasn't there, but there's a pretty good chance Lee was the biggest guy on his team.

Reaction Score
Your recollection of Lee is accurate. He is still fairly slender, but very athletic.

Reaction Score
Yeah Lee was the biggest guy on his team from what I heard. I wasn't there so this is all second hand. Just thought I would pass along.

Reaction Score

"What's wrong with the NBA? You can have unreal athleticism but absolutely zero skills and be a rising young star."

a bunch of baseball guys masquerading as basketball beat writers.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

This was dumb on every possible level. Borges hates the NBA, we get it. But no, you don't get to be a "rising star," whatever that means, by being bad at basketball. Maybe a game at a Waterbury high school isn't the best way to judge a guy?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Well then NBA coaches should take notice - if Drummond cant defend a 6'7'' forward who is NOT in the NBA and went off for 52 points then maybe when you play the Pistons you go small?
I know - he probably was fully committed to defense in a summer league game.

Reaction Score
This was dumb on every possible level. Borges hates the NBA, we get it. But no, you don't get to be a "rising star," whatever that means, by being bad at basketball. Maybe a game at a Waterbury high school isn't the best way to judge a guy?

I actually like Borges, but that was a really dumb comment. How many people are there on the entire planet with Andre Drummond's combination of size and athleticism? Chances are, 7-footers who can run and jump like that are going to do OK for themselves on a basketball court.

Reaction Score
I used to watch Lee play in the Pro-am quite a bit. Tremendous talent. He has been a monster in the pro-am for many years.

Reaction Score

He's a babe in the woods; he's the 7th youngest player in the league. His offensive game will come along, and he did improve his shooting statistically in his 2nd year. But I would submit that averaging a double-double in the NBA at age 20 disproves "absolutely zero skills."

Reaction Score
I was at the game. As much as I love Drummond, some of his post moves were embarrassing for an NBA player. He took a couple midrange jumpers that were absolute bricks. Although he did have a few impressive dunks, he was definitely outplayed by Lee. It's not like any of this matters anyway. It was ONE game during the summer.

Reaction Score
In 3-4 months, Drummond will be on the court again vs. the greatest basketball players in the world, earning his millions. Lee will be back mopping the floor for minimum wage at the local burger joint. I hardly think Andre was worried about this game.

Reaction Score
Drummond didn't go there to dominate no namers. He went there to have fun and play in his home state. If he wanted to dominate he could have but he would be dumb to go all out and risk getting hurt while being on the cusp of the USA roster and seeing PG24 wreck his season.

Reaction Score
Drummond didn't go there to dominate no namers. He went there to have fun and play in his home state. If he wanted to dominate he could have but he would be dumb to go all out and risk getting hurt while being on the cusp of the USA roster and seeing PG24 wreck his season.

Have bluer glasses. You can't.

He didn't want to dominate? C'mon. Andre's still a garbage buckets, rebounds, and lobs type player. And he's basically unstoppable at that aspect of the game. But even in a pro-am he's not going to be a guy who's going to wow people with his skills. Honestly, Dwight Howard wouldn't either. Those games aren't made for those dudes.

C

Chief00

Comparing a center to a swing forward in a matchup is pretty meaningless if you are thinking NBA. Having said that it would be great to see AD seriously work on weaknesses in his game during the off season. That's not a summer league game thing but individual workouts with great coaching.

Reaction Score
Comparing a center to a swing forward in a matchup is pretty meaningless if you are thinking NBA. Having said that it would be great to see AD seriously work on weaknesses in his game during the off season. That's not a summer league game thing but individual workouts with great coaching.

You do realize that he is playing with the USA team, being coached and worked out by the likes of Coach K, Thibs, Boeheim etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom