Drummond ghpa @ 630 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drummond ghpa @ 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have bluer glasses. You can't.

He didn't want to dominate? C'mon. Andre's still a garbage buckets, rebounds, and lobs type player. And he's basically unstoppable at that aspect of the game. But even in a pro-am he's not going to be a guy who's going to wow people with his skills. Honestly, Dwight Howard wouldn't either. Those games aren't made for those dudes.
You don't think Drummond or Dwight Howard would dominate in a game like that if they wanted to?

Reaction Score
Do you think Kobe, LeBron, Durant, or even Jordan would let someone drop 50 on them anywhere and be ok with it? Probably not. Eventually your pride kicks in.

Reaction Score
Do you think Kobe, LeBron, Durant, or even Jordan would let someone drop 50 on them anywhere and be ok with it? Probably not. Eventually your pride kicks in.
So Andre Drummond was guarding a 6'5 shooting guard small forward the whole game?

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter who he guarded. Someone on the other team put on a show. Eventually you are going to say I am the best player on this court and start playing.

Reaction Score
In 3-4 months, Drummond will be on the court again vs. the greatest basketball players in the world, earning his millions. Lee will be back mopping the floor for minimum wage at the local burger joint. I hardly think Andre was worried about this game.
That seems kind-of uncalled for. I know Lee's name, but can't remember circumstances. Sounds like he blew his potential, but was he a bad guy? Is he still a bad guy? Regardless, good for him for reliving some high school glory and putting up 50 something on a legit NBA player from his home state. It's fine to say Drummond didn't care, but I can't see it necessary to go off on Lee even if he does mop floors for minimum wage.

Reaction Score
You don't think Drummond or Dwight Howard would dominate in a game like that if they wanted to?

After you untwist your panties, why don't you read my post and tell me what you disagree with.

Honestly, "he would have dominated but he didn't want to" is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

C

Chief00

You do realize that he is playing with the USA team, being coached and worked out by the likes of Coach K, Thibs, Boeheim etc.

Ok I will take a step back and explain it at a basic level. Quite frankly, there is a different goal between team tryouts which goal is cut players to achieve the best 15 player team compared to individually coaching a guy to improve his game. That's not to say a coach won't give a player a tip or two - but the goal is different. Even after the team is selected the goal then becomes team chemistry and winning games vs individual development. I hope that helps.

Reaction Score
I believe lee is playing overseas. Probably making good money.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wow! people have to attack this Lee guy to show allegiance to AD/UCONN?

AD is just great but if someone lit him up for 50 during a UCONN scrimmage it would be pandemonium at the BY.
Would Jordan allow it? Not even now!

Reaction Score
Ok I will take a step back and explain it at a basic level. Quite frankly, there is a different goal between team tryouts which goal is cut players to achieve the best 15 player team compared to individually coaching a guy to improve his game. That's not to say a coach won't give a player a tip or two - but the goal is different. Even after the team is selected the goal then becomes team chemistry and winning games vs individual development. I hope that helps.

Yes, you are correct about the goals of the national team but it seemed to me like you were implying that Drummond should be spending his time working on his skills instead of playing in summer league. I would love for him to get some post work in with Hakeem or Patrick but I would say he has gotten in some good work this summer.

Reaction Score
Rdm203 said:
Doesn't matter who he guarded. Someone on the other team put on a show. Eventually you are going to say I am the best player on this court and start playing.

Geez. The guy literally just watched a teammate snap his leg like a twig trying to chase down and block a meaningless layup attempt in a scrimmage. Four days later, I can imagine he wasn't too concerned about what sort of show was being put on in front of 50 people in an even less meaningful game. I'm actually shocked he played, but when he stepped on the court I imagine his two primary goals were 1) don't break your leg and 2) don't break your other leg.

C

Chief00

Yes, you are correct about the goals of the national team but it seemed to me like you were implying that Drummond should be spending his time working on his skills instead of playing in summer league. I would love for him to get some post work in with Hakeem or Patrick but I would say he has gotten in some good work this summer.

I really like AD - very nice kid.I just think , at this point, we all know he can dunk in summer league. That his time would be better spent working on post moves etc with individual instructions. One improvement has been positioning on rebounds and the numbers speak for themselves. He is very coachable and I really think he would benefit - and yes foul shooting instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom