Drummond: 32 points, 17 rebounds (full highlights) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Drummond: 32 points, 17 rebounds (full highlights)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. I told Dre last summer, he’s got to get on an elite team to be appropriately recognized. Perhaps they can built it in Detroit, if not move on.

It's also the era he's playing in. If he was shooting 3's, everybody would be talking about him.

Reaction Score
UConn's reputation for developing big men is less than fantastic on the recruiting trail. It is of vital importance that the one big we still have in the NBA is seen in as positive a light as possible. How is this not crystal clear?

What did UConn really do to develop Dre's "Big Man Game"? He came in, played for one unremarkable season, and then left for bigger and better things. Had he stayed around for one or more additional seasons, I would agree with you. But, he was just passing thru, completing his obligatory 1 year of college ball before he could be eligible for the NBA. As such, I hold no affection for him in terms of what he did for the UConn hoops program.

Reaction Score
What did UConn really do to develop Dre's "Big Man Game"? He came in, played for one unremarkable season, and then left for bigger and better things. Had he stayed around for one or more additional seasons, I would agree with you. But, he was just passing thru, completing his obligatory 1 year of college ball before he could be eligible for the NBA. As such, I hold no affection for him in terms of what he did for the UConn hoops program.

The same can be said of all one and dones. Still a good recruiting tool

C

Chief00

I have covered this multiple times - Dre almost averaged a double / double as a freshman. Calhoun started him as a freshman, so that says a lot. Compare that to Ray Allen’s freshman season - more similar than different other than the FT’s.
It was also the year Calhoun had multiple absences due to a NCAA related suspension and various serious health issues. Boat was also held out for multiple games because of an NCAA investigation. Alex also had trouble adjusting to having a more talented center, however let me be clear Alex and Dre were always friendly to each other.
Bottomline, there was a lot of disruption that season that had nothing to do with the freshman center.

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Here's the thing. Kids don't differentiate at all. They aren't that sophisticated about these sorts of things.

If he's a successful big in the League, and they look where he came from, they're like "UConn can develop guys like this". Or even "UConn can get guys like this drafted". It doesn't even matter than it was two staffs ago.

It's fantastic PR from a recruiting perspective. And the fact that Dre reps UCONN every chance he gets? Worth all the respect in the world.

You want UCONN associated with Andre Drummond, especially given the paucity of UCONN post players in the League right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom