Drummond 2nd Coming of Fab Melo?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Drummond 2nd Coming of Fab Melo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

AD will be fine. So a Freshmen who picks up a couple quick fouls has a bad game - it has happened before to some guys who became great players. AD can dominant a game. I have seen him do that in brief stretches already in exhibition games.
On offense he needs to work more before the shot, either getting offensive position for a shot or for a rebound. That is a natural transition situation for a Big guy.
So far my predictions about AD have been on target.
Quite frankly, AD is a very nice kid. However, he does have a nasty streak in him - when the right button is pushed or if he gets frustrated - my guess is that comes out Monday - and we all know Calhoun absolutely does like that nasty streak in a big man.[/quote]
Read the Courant today and that certainly happened Sunday at practice and in last night's game.

caw

Reaction Score
Melo's regular season high's last year (compiled from all 32 regular season games): 9 pts, 7 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 steals.

Drummond's career high's: 8 pts, 5 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal.

Fab has played pretty well this year though.

Reaction Score
melo had 2 major problems last year. first, he was not anyhwere near in good enough shape for high major D1 basketball. this was a setback because he had to waste practice time over the course of the season on conditioning instead of skill work. second, he hadn't played barely any basketball. my guess is that he looked great in individual workouts, as he has legit size, good hands and mobility, which resulted in the hyped expectations.

i haven't had the chance to see drummond yet, but my guess is that compared to melo at this time last year he has played more basketball, is in better shape, and has more talent than melo and as such has an immediate leg up. frosh big men always have to adjust.

Reaction Score
Did you hear the in studio hosts on ESPNU after the Columbia game joking that Drummond is the second coming of Fab Melo? Are you kidding me??? At least one of them had the brains to say that it was only one game. Drummond is going to make those fools eat their words.
The little scene where he blocked 2 in a row, then slammed a followup (disallowed by a foul) on the other end made me sit up in my seat. That was pure BIG-TIME athlete. He will be awesome for us.

Reaction Score
jeremy lamb wasnt very good early last year either folks. lets give AD a break for now. if hes lost 10 games into the big east schedule then we can start getting worried;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom