Dropped to a 3 seed | The Boneyard

Dropped to a 3 seed

Reaction Score
So, New Bracketology just hit and UConn as a 3 seed. Not surprised I guess

Reaction Score
UConn will be the hardest team to seed come tournament time. Paige should be back for at least a couple of weeks by tournament time. Will the committee seed by what they have done without Paige or what they could do with Paige? Either way, I don't think there will be any teams happy to see them in their part of the bracket.

Reaction Score
I may be misreading this, but does he have DePaul auto qualifying over UConn out of the Big East?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I may be misreading this, but does he have DePaul auto qualifying over UConn out of the Big East?
I believe aq means automatic qualifier so, yes, it does.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yeah, another reason to discount Creme's projections. In his defense, this is a REALLY weird year, so I don't envy him putting this together.

ETA: agree with huskeynut, but we all are.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here's the update. UConn was down seeded last week to #3.
1639776800181.png

Reaction Score
Yeah, another reason to discount Creme's projections. In his defense, this is a REALLY weird year, so I don't envy him putting this together.

ETA: agree with huskeynut, but we all are.
His projections automatically allocate the "aq" to the team with the best record in the league. Though not perfect, as only 31 "aq" this week, it's still better than nothing.

This has no impact on seeding projections and only causes an issue in a league expected to have no At-Large bids.
So, New Bracketology just hit and UConn as a 3 seed. Not surprised I guess
Even though it shows UConn with a down arrow this week, they actually dropped the previous week.

My google sheet 2021-22 Creme Bracketology.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
His projections automatically allocate the "aq" to the team with the best record in the league. Though not perfect, as only 31 "aq" this week, it's still better than nothing.
Thanks, I didn't know that.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If UConn wins all of their games until Paige gets back or loses no more than one and are playing really well, has very good chemistry and is one of the favorites to win it all, would any of you immediately insert Paige back into the starting line-up if she is completely healed?

Reaction Score
UConn will be the hardest team to seed come tournament time. Paige should be back for at least a couple of weeks by tournament time. Will the committee seed by what they have done without Paige or what they could do with Paige? Either way, I don't think there will be any teams happy to see them in their part of the bracket.

There have been numerous cases of injured players and the M&W tournament. Here are the guidelines.

IF the player has returned for several games, then the team will be evaluated more heavily on those games and less on the games the player has missed.
If the player is not fully back (or is only "expected back"), then the team can only be evaluated based on what they've shown. Committee doesnt want to get too much into projection.

But remember, the committee's job is to create an evenly weighted bracket. It is not fair to anyone if UConn (or any other team) is mis-seeded based on incomplete information.

Not at clear that Paige will be back "at least a couple of weeks" by tourney time.

Reaction Score
If UConn wins all of their games until Paige gets back or loses no more than one and are playing really well, has very good chemistry and is one of the favorites to win it all, would any of you immediately insert Paige back into the starting line-up if she is completely healed?
If completely healed, then hell yes the reigning NPOY is a starter.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
YES.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For this same reason, his projection shows Michigan as the Big Ten "aq" (rather than, say, Maryland) and Kansas City as the Summit League "aq" (rather than either of the South Dakota teams). It's counterintuitive in some instances, but it's just a placeholder.

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter it is #3 or #4 seed. If Paige and Azzi come back in March they will know who is the #1 seed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For this same reason, his projection shows Michigan as the Big Ten "aq" (rather than, say, Maryland) and Kansas City as the Summit League "aq" (rather than either of the South Dakota teams). It's counterintuitive in some instances, but it's just a placeholder.

Yeah.. I saw SC-Upstate as the AQ from the Big South. That has a much chance happening as me becoming a vegetarian, dropping 30 pounds, and stealing Beyonce from Jay-Z. :eek:

Reaction Score
Yeah.. I saw SC-Upstate as the AQ from the Big South. That has a much chance happening as me becoming a vegetarian, dropping 30 pounds, and stealing Beyonce from Jay-Z. :eek:
At least we all know you wouldn’t cheat on Bey with no Becki with good hair.

Hmm
Though what about Kara with a good record? I could see that.

Reaction Score
Uconn healthy later could be formidable, if the new starters and bench players round into coompetive form, the new ones getting more experience because of the starters' injuries time off. At this stage, barring MORE injuries, we can't get worse than what we displayed against Georgia Tech.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom