Dropped to a 3 seed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dropped to a 3 seed

Reaction Score
As long as they stay in Bridgeport, it won't matter too much what their seeding is.No way the committee would put South Carolina or Stanford in Bridgeport. UConn should beat any other team if Paige plays.

Reaction Score
As long as they stay in Bridgeport, it won't matter too much what their seeding is.No way the committee would put South Carolina or Stanford in Bridgeport. UConn should beat any other team if Paige plays.
So Carolina is definitely zeroing in on Greensboro, but Stanford could end up anywhere depending on this weekend and how the PAC season goes.

Reaction Score
My issue with this is that it’s so early in the year that it’s hard to truly tell how good teams are. We lose to top ranked SC, who NC State also lost to. We lose to Georgia Tech, who at the time was undervalued, but is now a 4 seed. NC State loses to Georgia, who lost to Georgia Tech. In my book, our two losses are pretty similar. So is it that their top two wins are Massey rated 12 and 13 vs ours being 17 and 27 that warrants them being valued so much higher? To date our SOS is rated higher. So is the fall to a 3 seed based on emotion from a surprising loss, or are they throwing out our resume from when Bueckers was available to play? I just feel like sometimes there is no consistency to these things.

Reaction Score
My issue with this is that it’s so early in the year that it’s hard to truly tell how good teams are. We lose to top ranked SC, who NC State also lost to. We lose to Georgia Tech, who at the time was undervalued, but is now a 4 seed. NC State loses to Georgia, who lost to Georgia Tech. In my book, our two losses are pretty similar. So is it that their top two wins are Massey rated 12 and 13 vs ours being 17 and 27 that warrants them being valued so much higher? To date our SOS is rated higher. So is the fall to a 3 seed based on emotion from a surprising loss, or are they throwing out our resume from when Bueckers was available to play? I just feel like sometimes there is no consistency to these things.
The Paige games are irrelevant as long as she is out. If she comes back then they matter again. But right now this is a Paige less team and there is no guarantee she will be back. So UConn needs to be evaluated on their non Paige performance, because that’s the team playing.

Reaction Score
Perfect...we have 'em right where we want 'em! Tell me what #1 or 2 seed wants us, at full strength (hopefully), in their bracket!

Reaction Score
The Paige games are irrelevant as long as she is out. If she comes back then they matter again. But right now this is a Paige less team and there is no guarantee she will be back. So UConn needs to be evaluated on their non Paige performance, because that’s the team playing.
What happens when a player goes down with a season ending injury in their conference tournament? Do they get dropped down a few pegs?

Reaction Score
What happens when a player goes down with a season ending injury in their conference tournament? Do they get dropped down a few pegs?
They can. In 98 when Sales got injured in the last regular season game UConns seed fell.

Reaction Score
Curiously, that same year, Stanford's Vanessa Nygaard got injured in the PAC-10 championship game. Her ACL tear wasn't revealed until after the NCAA seeds were released (the Cardinal got a one seed).
To this day, some people still believe the timing of her diagnosis was a tad too convenient, heh.

Harvard stuns Stanford - an oral history

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom