Drew Pyne enters the portal | The Boneyard

Drew Pyne enters the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This would be a big get if we could pull it off. He plays a lot like Casey Cochran. High IQ QB, good decision maker.

Last edited:

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I'm from Stamford, in my 4 years at UConn I knew 3 people from New Canaan, and 2 of them I met at home. At least Greenwich has some presence in Storrs.

Reaction Score
When he played at ND, I remember him as being competent. Not someone who would be a star, but competent. At a Top 25 level. And that was 2 or 3 years ago. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t better than anyone we’ve had in a while, at the minimum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I want to know what the cost for a mediocre one is, since that would be an upgrade here.
-> “Make no mistake: A good quarterback in the portal costs $1 million to $1.5 million to $2 million right now,” Rhule told reporters.

He’s not exaggerating. Agents and reps have been shopping high-profile transfer quarterbacks around for the past few weeks with asking prices in that range. And now that Rhule has said so publicly, the price is probably going up.

“The going rate for a guy who’s going to go in Day 1 or Day 2 of the draft is $1.5 million,” said one Power 5 general manager. “This year, it might go to $2 million just because there’s less people and competition.”

The going rate in recent years for veteran transfer QBs who just want to play one more season and boost their draft stock was closer to the $500,000 to $750,000 range, he said. Blue-chip freshman transfers with big potential might’ve been worth up to $1 million. But the true NFL-caliber talent? It’s going to cost you more than that.

“That’s where I think it’s at right now,” he added, “but now all these kids are thinking they can get $1 million.”<-

Reaction Score
Eye opening. We are still in the wild west era of this thing. Unlike TV money where youvhave to get added to the club, this is going to come down to schools that can find donors. That gives everyone a chance. Obviously we are not going to compete with Texas, Bama etc, but we can't create a collective to compete with Syracuse, BC, Pitt, Rutgers et? If we can't then we truly never belonged.

Reaction Score
Pyne was competent but the perception was that he held Notre Dame back because he wasn’t exceptional.

He was hurt the whole time at ASU except for a couple games. They were really bad, and now they are going in another direction so he is on the market again.

He’s not going to command $1mil. First off there aren’t that many schools that have that.

AND, the ones that do aren’t looking at Pyne.

Is he worth $500-$700k? Maybe to somebody whose money is burning a hole in their pocket. I say no.

I think it would be great to get a QB, but he doesn’t seem like the guy to me. If he wasn’t from CT we wouldn’t be talking about him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind some more depth. Hopefully that kid from Texas stays committed and gets a redshirt his fresman year.
And then stays to actually play for us.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
When he played at ND, I remember his as being competent. Not someone who would be a star, but competent. At a Top 25 level. And that was 2 or 3 years ago. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t better than anyone we’ve had in a while, at the minimum.
I will go on record right now stating that I will commit to quality donations (not enough to land a player on its own but enough, if paired with others to make a good dent) to one of our NIL collectives annually if they can guarantee that we will at a minimum have competent QB play every year that I donate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom