DraftExpress's Top NBA Draft Prospects In The Big East | The Boneyard

DraftExpress's Top NBA Draft Prospects In The Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ

Reaction Score
oriakhi's "log arms" hahahaha....i guess they ARE kinda like logs.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
one can make the case we have 3 of the 4 best NBA prospects in the best conference in the country. Can't wait for this season to begin.

Reaction Score
one can make the case we have 3 of the 4 best NBA prospects in the best conference in the country. Can't wait for this season to begin.
things change fast. i remember this board making the case for stanley robinson over wesley johnson, and jerome dyson over andy rautins. we saw how that turned out.

Reaction Score
things change fast. i remember this board making the case for stanley robinson over wesley johnson, and jerome dyson over andy rautins. we saw how that turned out.

How did that turn? Stanley wasn't what he projected to be but not far from Wesley in all reality and Dyson/Rautin? Let's not overrate our own now........Andy's improvement was dramatic but he wasn't at all special prior.......you may take Andy I doubt many others would have!~

Maybe Scoop Jardine will be special............lol

Reaction Score

lol, how long do you think Rautins will be in the league? At the end of the day both Dyson and Rautins will be collecting a check from somewhere else other than the NBA. Drummond won't flop like your boy Flab and no guard on Cuse is on Lamb's level. I'm still waiting for you to state your case as to how Cuse develops pros better than UConn, you went ghost pretty fast after that post.

Reaction Score
Take it easy on Cuse fan. He's obviously joking...right?

Reaction Score
Johnson can shoot and sticks can't. You need really good shooting ability to play wing in the NBA. Everyone who follows both leagues knows that. I don't see much of a difference between rautins and sticks. Rautin's contract will be up after the strike. He's played in 5 games in his NBA career. I don't see him playing in the league in the future. Riding the bench and collecting $700,000 for a few years isn't bad though. Time will tell with players.
In regards to UConn's players this year.... Drummond will be in the lottery of any draft EVER regardless of his numbers. His potential is as good as almost any player in history. Lamb is also a sure fire top of the first round pick as long as he doesn't get worse from the end of last year. Every indication from every person that has seen him play has said he is WAY better. He would need to get injured or miss every shot he takes not to be a lottery pick. Oriahki is the question mark. If he averages something like 10 and 8 again this season I don't see him projected as anything higher than a mid-late 2nd rounder. His draft status is completely up in the air depending upon his performance this year.

Reaction Score
His argument is that the ACC produces better pros -so Quse has to be on a higher level then UCONN.

Reaction Score
How did that turn? Stanley wasn't what he projected to be but not far from Wesley in all reality and Dyson/Rautin? Let's not overrate our own now........Andy's improvement was dramatic but he wasn't at all special prior.......you may take Andy I doubt many others would have!~

Maybe Scoop Jardine will be special............lol
what?? not far in reality in what measure, that johnson was a lottery pick and robinson was undrafted? aside from that, andy had an insanely better senior year than dyson. dyson's career numbers actually kind of suck, and the most successful team he played for was the final four team that he wasn't a part of due to injury (paving the way for kemba, i might add).

Reaction Score
lol, how long do you think Rautins will be in the league? At the end of the day both Dyson and Rautins will be collecting a check from somewhere else other than the NBA. Drummond won't flop like your boy Flab and no guard on Cuse is on Lamb's level. I'm still waiting for you to state your case as to how Cuse develops pros better than UConn, you went ghost pretty fast after that post.
i went ghost because there is no clear cut way to determine college development versus nba success. what is the criteria? nba guys are most likely nba guys regardless where they play in college, the argument is silly and hard to quantify. maybe uconn has more players in the nba, we have carmelo who is better than any of those guys. do we get credit for "developing" carmelo? apparently by your measure. what about derrick coleman? he was the highest paid player in the nba before heart issues took him down. name a uconn player better than derrick coleman.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
i went ghost because there is no clear cut way to determine college development versus nba success. what is the criteria? nba guys are most likely nba guys regardless where they play in college, the argument is silly and hard to quantify. maybe uconn has more players in the nba, we have carmelo who is better than any of those guys. do we get credit for "developing" carmelo? apparently by your measure. what about derrick coleman? he was the highest paid player in the nba before heart issues took him down. name a uconn player better than derrick coleman.

Well, Ray Allen is a first ballot Hall of Famer, and arguably the greatest 3pt shooter in NBA history. I guess that doesn't count for much anymore?

And plenty of great players over the years didn't pan out due to injury or whatever. That's part of greatness unfortunately. Also, DC had attitude problems and was considered "lazy" in NBA circles.

Reaction Score
Wesley Johnson is a lot better than Stanley. I think Dyson could eventually get to the league. Rautins will be out of the league shortly.

That said UConn has produce better pros then Cuse. I agree that you should get more credit for developing a guy like Hakim Warrick than Melo. Just like Calhoun should get more credit for what he did for Okafor than what he did for Rudy Gay or Charlie V.

Cuse will never make the final four with Jardine as the starting PG. Add Waiters and thats two me first guys in the back court. Hopefully you guys let Triche run the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom