DraftExpress: Top NBA Draft Prospects in AAC [Brimah, Adams, DHam, Enoch] | The Boneyard

DraftExpress: Top NBA Draft Prospects in AAC [Brimah, Adams, DHam, Enoch]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know 1 through 5 were originally posted a while back, but I don't know if anybody posted 6-10 here.

Here's the top 10 according to DraftExpress:

(#1) Amida Brimah
(#2) Jalen Adams
(#3) Troy Caupain, 6'4, Junior, Point Guard, Cincinnati
(#4) Daniel Hamilton
(#5) Octavius Ellis, 6'10, PF/C, Cincinnati, Senior
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Top-NBA-Draft-Prospects-in-the-AAC-Part-One-Prospects-1-5-5277/

(#6) Dedric Lawson, 6-8, SF/PF, Freshman, Memphis
(#7) Steven Enoch
(#8) Adonys Henriquez, 6'7”, Sophomore, SG/SF, UCF
(#9) B.J. Tyson, 6-3, PG/SG, Sophomore, East Carolina
(#10) Shaquille Harrison, 6-4, Senior, PG/SG, Tulsa
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Top-NBA-Draft-Prospects-in-the-AAC-Part-Two-Prospects-6-10-5281/

Reaction Score
Not a single new scouting video for the aac. the acc has 30 prospects according to DX... stocked with vids.

Reaction Score
I don't know how much stock to put in these reports but draftexpress generally does a good job. My reaction to the list is I'm surprised to see Enoch and not surprised there is no mention of Purvis.
I continue to believe Purvis will return next year, as much as that will upset him, leaving us with a three guard rotation of Purvis, Adams and Gilbert.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I don't think people should be surprised to see Enoch on here. He's a legit 6'10" 250lbs with a nice shooting stroke.

Reaction Score
I don't think people should be surprised to see Enoch on here. He's a legit 6'10" 250lbs with a nice shooting stroke.

I agree he has a NBA body - I'm just surprised he is already being considered as a composite 85 in the country recruit that has yet to play college ball.

Very pleased!

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I agree he has a NBA body - I'm just surprised he is already being considered as a composite 85 in the country recruit that has yet to play college ball.

Very pleased!
He has definitely filled out a lot since arriving in Storrs. Look at his body from last summer compared to what it looks like right now. Definitely turning some heads leading up to the start of the season, and I think he will surprise a lot of people.

Reaction Score
While Hamilton certainly has a high ceiling, and, probably the highest NBA ceiling out of any of our players that we've seen play a college game - I really think he needs another year after this. Not saying he won't be a lotto pick if he enters after this year, just saying I think he could use a little more time to get seasoned so that he doesn't find himself getting too few minutes,and never getting confidence and comfort.
That stated, if I'm an NBA team drafting exclusively UCONN players, from what I've seen (or project with freshmen), I'd go:
1)Hamilton
2) Adams
3)Enoch
4) Brimah

And, with Enoch's size, and rapidly developing game (let's not forget he basically didn't know how to play a couple years ago, but now gets some offseason work with Drummond) - it wouldn't surprise me if Enoch eventually becomes the most highly drafted of the bunch...

C

Chief00

Now the first night glitter is over for the casual fan - now we can get back to basketball. No way is Brimah a better prospect than Adams or Hamilton. The only skill he has on an NBA level is shot blocking and that's not enough.
I really like Brimah - just breaking things down from a basketball prospective.

Reaction Score
Brim could become the best potential draft choice if he improves but for now it's DHam and Jalen, in any order you prefer. The addition of Enoch is surprising but pretty cool. I know some here who have seen him think he's 1-2 years away. We know he worked on his body bu heck, he must have worked on his game and feet too. Hearing good things and man it would be great to have an actual PF playing some minutes at UConn as its been a while.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Now the first night glitter is over for the casual fan - now we can get back to basketball. No way is Brimah a better prospect than Adams or Hamilton. The only skill he has on an NBA level is shot blocking and that's not enough.
I really like Brimah - just breaking things down from a basketball prospective.
Hamilton has holes in his game too. He isn't explosive, doesnt have long arms, and hasn't shown he will attack the rim. He had a big problem with settling for short/low% jumpers last year. He does bring court vision and passing skills that many wings don't have at his age. Nobody in this conference is a slam dunk pick at the moment.

Adams and Rozier (who went in the top 20) are similar athletically, and if Adams is as good of a passer as he seems, I see no reason why he won't eventually be drafted that high at least. If I had to bet, I'd say he's our highest draft pick (spread across the next two years).

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
While Hamilton certainly has a high ceiling, and, probably the highest NBA ceiling out of any of our players that we've seen play a college game - I really think he needs another year after this. Not saying he won't be a lotto pick if he enters after this year, just saying I think he could use a little more time to get seasoned so that he doesn't find himself getting too few minutes,and never getting confidence and comfort.
That stated, if I'm an NBA team drafting exclusively UCONN players, from what I've seen (or project with freshmen), I'd go:
1)Hamilton
2) Adams
3)Enoch
4) Brimah

And, with Enoch's size, and rapidly developing game (let's not forget he basically didn't know how to play a couple years ago, but now gets some offseason work with Drummond) - it wouldn't surprise me if Enoch eventually becomes the most highly drafted of the bunch...
Maybe you're right...but I don't see how you can have Enoch over Brimah at this point.

I think Adams fits the NBA mold better than Hamilton (he's flashy and more athletic), but without seeing Adams play a college game yet I don't think he can be ranked ahead of Hamilton.

Purvis needs to be on this list. Yes, he was inconsistent last yr, but he also hadn't played in a year and dealt with wrist and ankle injuries. If he can play like he did in the postseason, he absolutely will be an NBA prospect. He's got an NBA body.

Reaction Score
NBA talk always makes me nervous, especially before the season starts. Its just a personal thing.

I would like to talk about who among our players has the best chance of being our next AA following Shabazz. Kemba, Rip, Okafor, and others. I know we have one with this squad.

Consensus First Team All-Americans

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
NBA talk always makes me nervous, especially before the season starts. Its just a personal thing.

I would like to talk about who among our players has the best chance of being our next AA following Shabazz. Kemba, Rip, Okafor, and others. I know we have one with this squad.

Consensus First Team All-Americans

Next AA will either be Hamilton or Adams. Hamilton has a shot...but if he stays for his junior yr, I'd say def. Adams has a shot next yr and looking good as a Jr.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I know the expectations for Adams are high and I hope he turns out great, but the kid hasn't even played an exhibition game yet. Rightly or wrongly, he wasn't a McD AA (I don't use that as a measure, but just sayin') so isn't it a little premature to be saying anything about his draft potential for this year? I know I'm probably too old-fashioned, but it seems like there is almost a wishing away of some of these kids way, way too soon because of how early the initials NBA come up in discussing them.

Reaction Score
I know the expectations for Adams are high and I hope he turns out great, but the kid hasn't even played an exhibition game yet. Rightly or wrongly, he wasn't a McD AA (I don't use that as a measure, but just sayin') so isn't it a little premature to be saying anything about his draft potential for this year? I know I'm probably too old-fashioned, but it seems like there is almost a wishing away of some of these kids way, way too soon because of how early the initials NBA come up in discussing them.

This is your answer.

Reaction Score
I guess I'm old fashioned also because I agree 100% with you. Can we just let the kid play first before we anoint him the second coming?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He wasn't eligible to be a McD AA and I don't think anyone expects him to be drafted this upcoming year.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He wasn't eligible to be a McD AA and I don't think anyone expects him to be drafted this upcoming year.
The point is, why even duscuss him and the draft. He's only had a few varsity practices.

Reaction Score
Maybe you're right...but I don't see how you can have Enoch over Brimah at this point.

I think Adams fits the NBA mold better than Hamilton (he's flashy and more athletic), but without seeing Adams play a college game yet I don't think he can be ranked ahead of Hamilton.

Purvis needs to be on this list. Yes, he was inconsistent last yr, but he also hadn't played in a year and dealt with wrist and ankle injuries. If he can play like he did in the postseason, he absolutely will be an NBA prospect. He's got an NBA body.

At this juncture, I just (hate to say this), would see Brimah as a higher probability bust. Blocks are nice, but with lots of fouls, mediocre rebounding, and less potential for easy dunks, I just don't have high projections for him. If I were a GM, I'd love him as a second rounder for potential upside, but wouldn't really want to gamble on him in the top 25.

I hear you on Adams. I'm only a bit concerned with how saturated the league is with guards. I think he'll eventually (and maybe already is) be a better UConn player than Hamilton, but I wanted to let him play a few games before
making proclamations.

I'm really curious to see what we'll get out of Purvis this year.

Reaction Score
Because the website is called DRAFTEXPRESS, they discuss and scout players for that purpose, if you don't like then don't read it.

ALL THINGS THAT EXIST SHOULD CONFORM TO MY WORLDVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky