Draft combine attendees -- no Brimah, RP | The Boneyard

Draft combine attendees -- no Brimah, RP

C

Chief00

Neither listed as an alternate either.

NBA asks 60-plus to combine; Ball won't attend

This is a blemish on our Bigs development image - which has had a worse impact on recruiting and transfers out than even I could have imagined - despite all my warnings the last couple years.
Where do we go from here? Recruit, get strong and work at basketball fundamentals. Hopefully, next season we keep it simple - focus on the fundamentals and execution. Stay away from gimmick zones that confuse the defenders more than the opponents - get back to the tough man to man culture UConn is known for. Practice what you play and play what you practice.
Back to Brimah for a moment, all my sources said he work hard and put in time - perhaps not real self initiated or independently but within the program structure. Yet, it was a dismal failure! Glen had said he thought Brimah would be a lottery pick a few years ago - so things certainly went off the tracks. I think one of the problems with Miller Bigs coaching is he could never simplify the game enough and break it down into 2-3 step process that raw Bigs could implement. Get position and target, catch and a basic score move. I think Brimah was totally overwhelmed by the elaborate Akeem the Dream type moves that Miller attempted to teach. That was so overwhelming that he did not work enough or had the right strength coaching to get post position - so the elaborate move - even if at some point he could put it together never happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This is a blemish on our Bigs development image - which has had a worse impact on recruiting and transfers out than even I could have imagined - despite all my warnings the last couple years.
Where do we go from here? Recruit, get strong and work at basketball fundamentals. Hopefully, next season we keep it simple - focus on the fundamentals and execution. Stay away from gimmick zones that confuse the defenders more than the opponents - get back to the tough man to man culture UConn is known for. Practice what you play and play what you practice.

Head bang

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Back to Brimah for a moment, all my sources said he work hard and put in time - perhaps not real self initiated or independently but within the program structure. Yet, it was a dismal failure! Glen had said he thought Brimah would be a lottery pick a few years ago - so things certainly went off the tracks. I think one of the problems with Miller Bigs coaching is he could never simplify the game enough and break it down into 2-3 step process that raw Bigs could implement. Get position and target, catch and a basic score move. I think Brimah was totally overwhelmed by the elaborate Akeem the Dream type moves that Miller attempted to teach. That was so overwhelming that he did not work enough or had the right strength coaching to get post position - so the elaborate move - even if at some point he could put it together never happened.

Such a huge blemish.

We couldn't turn a recruit who was barely top-250 and had one other DI offer besides UConn into an NBA lottery pick.

That would've never happened in the Calhoun days.

Reaction Score
Such a huge blemish.

We couldn't turn a recruit who was barely top-250 and had one other DI offer besides UConn into an NBA lottery pick.

Who else offered?

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Brimah in that he should have bailed after Frosh season. He was young, seemed like lots of potential. Could have been 1st round. His FF was awful, but they would have looked past that somewhat.

He would have been a major bust, but at least got some nice guaranteed $$.

La Salle

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Brimah in that he should have bailed after Frosh season. He was young, seemed like lots of potential. Could have been 1st round. His FF was awful, but they would have looked past that somewhat.

He would have been a major bust, but at least got some nice guaranteed $$.
His stock was unquestionably higher after his sophomore year?

C

Chief00

Such a huge blemish.

Glen Miller had him a lottery pick not me. Quite frankly, after his Freshman year I saw him as a late first /early second round with upside if he stayed until his Jr year.
Coming out of HS in terms of your beloved rankings:
What was Hilton Armstrong?
What was Thabeet?
Both Calhoun developed into 1st round picks - Thabeet was drafted second over-all. Calhoun wasn't a bad coach - contrary to your postings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom