OT: - Downtown Hartford recommendations? | The Boneyard

OT: Downtown Hartford recommendations?

Reaction Score
I havent been to Hartford in a long time, but am going to the NC State game. I am wondering what parking near the XL Center is like. On line I see that there are quite a few lots around downtown. Anyone have a suggestion (or a warning)? Oh, and while you're thinking about that, any recommendations for nearby restaurants for after the game?
Thanks!

Reaction Score
I havent been to Hartford in a long time, but am going to the NC State game. I am wondering what parking near the XL Center is like. On line I see that there are quite a few lots around downtown. Anyone have a suggestion (or a warning)? Oh, and while you're thinking about that, any recommendations for nearby restaurants for after the game?
Thanks!
Church street lot (right across from the brownstone church and an Xl entrance) is a good size and good access to Rt 84 et. al. upon exiting

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks!
There’s street parking by the Wadswoth Athaneum, if you don’t mind walking. I used a lot on Allyn St that’s good and a short walk to the XL. Right next to the lot is a pub that seems popular, but I’ve never eaten there. There’s a good deli across the street from the XL Center.

The Capital Grill is excellent but upscale and pricy.

Reaction Score
If you are coming from the West, take exit 50, make 2 immediate left hand turns, and then 2 immediate right hand turns and park opposite Dunkin Donuts Park. That's 1 block from the XL. That attraction of this spot is the very easy access to I84 heading west. The wife always wants to park in the parking garage which comes in close second to a colonoscopy.

Reaction Score
Salute gets our vote. It is right across from Bushnell Park, parking garage next door.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like Agave Grill just behind the XL. Try to get a reservation if you go there.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I really like Bear's BBQ when I'm downtown. It's about half a mile from the XL.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I come in on 84 East, take a left off the Capitol Avenue exit, left in front of the Bushnell Performing Arts Center, circle around Bushnell Park and park in the garage on Trumbull just before Pearl. $10, and most nights it is pretty easy in and out, taking a left out and retracing the path coming in.

Salute is right there and very good. Further up on the right (and heading toward the XL Center) is Trumbull Kitchen, which I remember to also be very good although I haven`t been in there in many years.

It is a short walk from the garage to the XL Center although it feels long when the north wind is in your face!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom